Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to build up my Trans Union and Experian Reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to build up my Trans Union and Experian Reports

I have very little credit... Through two marriages and i hardly ever used my own credit.. So at 48, im trying build credit...

Have a credit one credit card ($250) and a macys card ($500)

What else is easy to get and use? Orchard Bank and Cap one have said no

One late medical bill and another credit card (Legacy Visa) that im fighting with because of charges that where not mine
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
adamseve
Established Contributor

Re: Need to build up my Trans Union and Experian Reports

raleighcub wrote:
I have very little credit... Through two marriages and i hardly ever used my own credit.. So at 48, im trying build credit...

Have a credit one credit card ($250) and a macys card ($500)

What else is easy to get and use? Orchard Bank and Cap one have said no

One late medical bill and another credit card (Legacy Visa) that im fighting with because of charges that where not mine

Hi there,

We've all been through something one way or another with our credit.  You're in the right place.

Have you pulled your FICO scores yet?  Also, have you pulled your credit reports from each reporting bureau?  Once you've done that you'll get a truer picture of your credit and then the Board can help you make the right move for you.

Finally, have you gotten your denial letters from Orchard & Cap One?  If so, don't hesitate to call them to request a reconsideration using their backdoor numbers.  Here they are:

Orchard:  800-395-2120 / 800-395-6090
Cap One:  800-889-9939

Good luck to you.  You can do this! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

My car dealer explained credit to me this way when he approved my loan at 25 percent interest.

Right now my credit is like a baby, it is so small it can't do anything. I have to feed it, to make it grow. He told me to get a secured credit card, and never ever be late with my car payments. (So far so good)

He said in a year, the baby will grow... and it will need another card or two. Take care of them as well...

In two years, the baby will walk and I can qualify for better cards with better limits.

After three years, (when the car loan is paid off) I should be able to get whatever I want.

If you are just starting, don't apply for too many cards the score drops will kill you. I was at 540, applied for 4 cards, went down to 499... now after four months of ontime car payments and paying my Orchard secured card, I am at 580 and climbing... just got a Cap 1 recon to work too, so don't give up. They gave a tiny limit, but we have to start somewhere. I too am between 40 and 50 LOL so I started late as well.
Message 3 of 4
niecey89
Frequent Contributor

You will be ok. It is rough at first but it will take time. Make sure you pull your reports and see what they look like. Read the forums and the post about the different ways to clear your reports. They are very helpful.
FICO Scores 7/15/2008: EQ 600, TU 546, EX 490
9/17/08 - TU 571,12/17/08 649,3/16/09 638, 6/14 642
ScoreWatch 12/17/08 EQ 646, 1/2/ 09 664, 2/2/09 684,2/12/09 673, 2/16/09 688, 2/27 674,3/3 682,4/16 685, 6/28 679
1/2/09 EX 668 2/13/09 669
AS of NOV08 I am Credit card debit free. I AM A MYFICO.COM ADDICTED Smiley Happy ~
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.