Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to get a payment in ASAP! HELP

tag
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

Need to get a payment in ASAP! HELP

I am a complete idiot.... I don't know why I was thinking today was Thursday and that I could schedule my bill payment through my bank account online and it be there before my statement cuts.

does anyone have any ideas other than bill payment from your account to pay that will show up before my statement cuts monday? Otherwise I'll have to wait another month to join DCU, which is fine, but I wanted to see if there were any ideas first.

its for my charter one/citizens bank card, ( I have no accounts with them ) I let my fiance put her dress alterations on the card thinking I could just schedule it today to be paid. my mistake

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Need to get a payment in ASAP! HELP

Call them!!! They can prob process a pmt for free over the phone! One benefit of the CARD Act- no fees charged for over the phone pmts! I think... Lol!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 10
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

when you do this, does it show up right away? I dont have a payment due, so Im not worried about that part, I just want my balance to cut at $0

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 3 of 10
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

It should, assuming they don't put it on hold! But if they do...request that the hold be removed!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Is this your only credit card?

What is limit and balance?

Why does having this balance report mean you can't apply for DCU?  I think you are worrying over nothing, either call and do over phone or do on the website and should post as payment today but that doesn't always mean they will post that to credit report next week.

Message 5 of 10
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Is this your only credit card?

What is limit and balance?

Why does having this balance report mean you can't apply for DCU?  I think you are worrying over nothing, either call and do over phone or do on the website and should post as payment today but that doesn't always mean they will post that to credit report next week.

no, credit cards are listed in sig. I want my util to show as low as possible, I carry a balance on my store cards, but pif the unsecured. I was actually able to notice that my payment is due by the 20th, but my statement doesnt cut until the 24th usually, so Im hoping I can get it in on time to reflect on the statement.

Message 6 of 10
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

If you set up payment right now it will show on your account by tomorrow. In my experience Citizens bank posts payments by the next day but takes longer for them to take the money from account. Also dont you work for them? Ive made a payment at a branch and it was instant.
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 7 of 10
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

@jsickz32 wrote:
If you set up payment right now it will show on your account by tomorrow. In my experience Citizens bank posts payments by the next day but takes longer for them to take the money from account. Also dont you work for them? Ive made a payment at a branch and it was instant.

I've always used my Online Banking to pay, and it shows up the day scheduled so I made one for the 22nd hoping to beat the 24th statement cut. I used to work for them about a year or so ago, which is why I have the credit card, but no accounts Smiley Happy crossing my fingers, but I think I was in panic-mode for no reason. I was thinking my statement would cut monday.

Message 8 of 10
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

If you go to a branch and pay with cash. As long as its today as tomorrow it won't go down till Tuesday which might report the balance

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 9 of 10
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:
If you go to a branch and pay with cash. As long as its today as tomorrow it won't go down till Tuesday which might report the balance

I pushed it through my OLBP. Should reflect on the 22nd. I thought my statement was the 20th... mini panic mode

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.