Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to rollover some balances

tag
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

Need to rollover some balances

I have some no interest balances expiring in a few months. I bought my house almost a year ago and had to remodel the entire thing on a shoe string budget. That being said I could not live anywhere for what my mortgage payment is. So it's income tax and bonus time. Between the two I think I will have about 4000.00. I do need to spend some on putting grass in my front yard. I want to pay off my small store cards which will total pretty close to that 4000.00. I am then hoping for a FICO score jump. I am around a 630 at the moment. That will leave about 6000.00 that I want to rollover to another no interest card. 4500 discover 1000 Home Depot. My 1500 kohls if I can.  What would be the best card for that high of a limit and what would I need to get my score up to?

Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Re: Need to rollover some balances

Chase Slate is a good BT card. Plus, you can PC it to the Freedom after the 0% is over. For the Slate, I would say you'd need a 650 ish score, but you may be able to squeak by upon recon if needed.

Message 2 of 14
Chris679
Established Contributor

For the best advice you will want to list the limits and balances for each account that you have open.  Also list any negative items, new accounts and inquiries.  Assuming you have no major derogs then Chase Slate would fit the bill with no balance transfer fees and 0% into APR.  You may have to get your score up a bit though.  Cap One may be easier to get but you would have to likely choose between no balance transfer fee or the intro APR.

Message 3 of 14
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

My car loan in through capital one.

walmart limit 800 blance 800

target limit 500 balance 500

old  navy limit 700 balance 300

kohls 1500 balance 1500

discover limit 4500 balance 4500

home depot limit 1000 balance 1000

chase limit 5000 balance 1000 - closed account

avenue limit 1700 balance 800

I want to consolidate and balance transfer the discover, Home Depot, and possibly kohls

i want to pay off with my bonus and taxes walmart, target, old navy, and avenue possibly kohls ?

Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 4 of 14
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

I do have a short sale from five years ago and late payments but atleast 24 months clean payment history and any collections were deleted.  I cleaned up as much as I could so I could buy my house a year ago.

Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 5 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@UpmyscoreinFL wrote:

My car loan in through capital one.

walmart limit 800 blance 800

target limit 500 balance 500

old  navy limit 700 balance 300

kohls 1500 balance 1500

discover limit 4500 balance 4500

home depot limit 1000 balance 1000

chase limit 5000 balance 1000 - closed account

avenue limit 1700 balance 800

I want to consolidate and balance transfer the discover, Home Depot, and possibly kohls

i want to pay off with my bonus and taxes walmart, target, old navy, and avenue possibly kohls ?

ok, wow you have some serious util issues here and a 1K bal on a closed acct with no corresponding CL to offset it. IMO pay off the Chase, then pay down every card you have against the limit to below 90% of their respective CLs then pay off accounts according to what interest rate is the highest. Just getting rid of the Chase balance on a closed acct and bring the rest below 90% is likely to give you the boost you need in score....

Message 6 of 14
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

The chase is pretty low interest. Thanks for the pointer.

Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 7 of 14
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

ThT is why I was kind of thinking pay the store cards that are maxed first? They have much higher interest rates. I am on a paymnet plan with chase so only paying 5% on it.

Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 8 of 14
user5387
Valued Contributor

It might be tough sledding to get another 0% BT card.

Some alternatives would be Lending Club or local CUs, or a national CU like NFCU or PSECU.

Message 9 of 14
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

I am going to pay what I can and hope for a nice score boost and go from there. That is why I was thinking paying the smaller maxed store cards would give me the biggest boost For the amount of money I will have. I will check out the personal loan route too from a credit union. Has anyone had success with that?

Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.