Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to rollover some balances

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need to rollover some balances

@UpmyscoreinFL wrote:

I am going to pay what I can and hope for a nice score boost and go from there. That is why I was thinking paying the smaller maxed store cards would give me the biggest boost For the amount of money I will have. I will check out the personal loan route too from a credit union. Has anyone had success with that?

I have good success with my local CU for personal loans though I never have tried to get one with high utilization, I was at 36% the first time I got one. I would still try to get in with your local CU they are more apt to work with you than a bank.

Message 11 of 14
burberryboy007
Valued Member

+1 to the Slate card

American Express Gold Card NPSL | NEFCU Platinum Visa 7.5k | Amazon Store Card 6.5k | Discover More 5.5k | American Express Delta Gold Skymiles 3k | Barclaycard Arrival+ 1.5k |
Starting Score: 664
Current Score: 745
Goal Score: 800

Message 12 of 14
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

I would app for the Slate but I would honestly be surprised if you were approved. 

NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 13 of 14
tld409
Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, Slate will not always issue high limits.  I applied for the card 2 months ago for a similar reason as the op but only got 3000 limit which was not really much help.  I think the fact that my CSP card was less than 6 months effected result.. My FICO scores for all 3 CBs were between 738-760, no baddies, AAoA 2 years (will be at 3 after June 2014), income over 100k, utilization at that point was around 15% with highest on 1 card at 48%.  

Starting Score 630 Score: Current FICO Scores: All above 725 (04/01/2015)
Sallie Mae World MC 9k; Chase Freedom 6.5k; CareCredit 13.2k; Amex BCP 21.8k;Amex PRG; BOA123 Visa Sig 20k; CapOne WMC 7.5K; CSP Visa Sig 2K; Citi Simp Visa 6.9k; CFCU Visa 17k; Discover IT 7K; JCP MC 8K; Macys Amex 7.5K/2k; PSECU Visa/PSL 20/20K; SamsClub MC 20k; Walmart 10k
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.