Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need your help experts

tag
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Need your help experts

Hi folks,

Yesterday I applied for a Bank of America CLI but didnt get any reply. Just now I had a chat online with BofA and they said request has been declined. She also gave me a # to call for a reconsideration. I have never done this before Smiley Tongue , Could you please suggest what all to tell those Credit people for reconsideration? I have never missed a single payment on any of accounts ever. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need your help experts

You'll have to provide a good deal more of information to get any meaningful assistance.  How long have you had BOA?  Ever late on payments?  What's your current CL and how long since your last CLI?  FICO scores?  I had the account for six years and they just doubled my credit limit (though I had to ask them for it.  I also had to call in and the question they ased which I wasn't expecting (and didn't answer very well) was why I wanted a CLI.

Message 2 of 7
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Hi gangof4, Thanks for the reply. Heres my profile:

Had BOA for over 2 years now, started with 500 and its still on 500. (Bal 75)

Yesterday after I requested them a CLI, I got an Auto CLI from Cap One, 500 -> 3500 (with 75 Bal)

I have a Wells Fargo with 1600 Bal on 2250 CL.

EQ FICO: 674, TU FICO: 666

Never missed a single payment on any of my dues ever.

Could you tell me your transcript of talk with them? How to start and what do they ask?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ibmrad7 wrote:

Hi gangof4, Thanks for the reply. Heres my profile:

Had BOA for over 2 years now, started with 500 and its still on 500. (Bal 75)

Yesterday after I requested them a CLI, I got an Auto CLI from Cap One, 500 -> 3500 (with 75 Bal)

I have a Wells Fargo with 1600 Bal on 2250 CL.

EQ FICO: 674, TU FICO: 666

Never missed a single payment on any of my dues ever.

Could you tell me your transcript of talk with them? How to start and what do they ask?

I'd suggest that you pay that Wells Fargo balance down or off before poking at BoA.

Message 4 of 7
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Thanks LilMirth,

I actually already made the online request. Can I do it again next month after paying the balance?

Message 5 of 7
Tazman81
Established Contributor

What was the reason for decline?

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 6 of 7
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Just talked to them. They said mine is a Partially Secured Card and seeing the soft pull that they did for my request, I can get a CL of 2500 on a regular Credit Card but in order to do this transition, they gotta make a Hard Pull (Which I dont want Smiley Sad ) so I passed on the idea until next month.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.