cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needing advice on being past the 7 yr DOFD date.

tag
Jayleesmimi
Regular Contributor

Needing advice on being past the 7 yr DOFD date.

I have one old collection/charge off on my account from HSBC. The DOFD was in 12/02.  I have the original statements/letters from the company showing that it  was 30 +days past the due date and I never made another pymt since. I also  have letters saying that my account was closed around that time.   In November 09, this same charge off dropped off my other two reports, so I have been waiting for this one to come off.  I know that by 7 1/2 years it should come off around 8/1 or sometime around then. Seeing as I have these letters, could I just send a copy of this proof/letters in and dispute that it is past the DOFD?  My credit would be cleaned up then and all collections gone. Please advise if you have any thoughts on this. I am anxious to get this final hurdle taken care of. Thanks to all who take time to answer.

Sustaining Change takes Support and Reinforcement !

FICOS 02/03/2013, TU -798, EQ - 805 ( Last known EX -812)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Needing advice on being past the 7 yr DOFD date.

@Jayleesmimi wrote:

I have one old collection/charge off on my account from HSBC. The DOFD was in 12/02.  I have the original statements/letters from the company showing that it  was 30 +days past the due date and I never made another pymt since. I also  have letters saying that my account was closed around that time.   In November 09, this same charge off dropped off my other two reports, so I have been waiting for this one to come off.  I know that by 7 1/2 years it should come off around 8/1 or sometime around then. Seeing as I have these letters, could I just send a copy of this proof/letters in and dispute that it is past the DOFD?  My credit would be cleaned up then and all collections gone. Please advise if you have any thoughts on this. I am anxious to get this final hurdle taken care of. Thanks to all who take time to answer.

You are fortunate that this disappeared from two of your reports early. My negatives always seemed to stay until the last possible legal moment. With a DOFD of 12/2002 it should be gone next month at the very latest. That is 7.5 years from 12/2002. I'm not sure where you get the 8/1 date.

From a BK years ago to:

9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 2 of 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus
Moved:

Re: Needing advice on being past the 7 yr DOFD date.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.