cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needing some guidance, an anyone help me?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Needing some guidance, an anyone help me?

My wife works as an agent for the DOD and we were recently relocated to southern, CA..  I am in the process of obtaining a mortgae loan within the next few days. That loan process is in the underwritting process as I type.  However, I just came to the realization that I do not have a living room set nor do my 4 boys have there own beds (we rent a furnished Apt.) I would like to apply for credit at Living spaces but im not sure if I would get approved. My scores are as follows:

Ex

Score 8 = 671

Score 3 = 654

Score 2 = 715

TU

Score 8 = 685

Score 4 = 704

EQ

Score 8 =675

Score 5 = 693

Can anyone here guide me as to wether or not my scores are worthy enough to obtain credit at this store. I dont know what their normal FICO score requirements are.

I thank you all for your help and I look forward to your responses, everyone here has been amazing when it come to guidance. Thank you all again.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Needing some guidance, an anyone help me?

@Anonymous wrote:

My wife works as an agent for the DOD and we were recently relocated to southern, CA..  I am in the process of obtaining a mortgae loan within the next few days. That loan process is in the underwritting process as I type.  However, I just came to the realization that I do not have a living room set nor do my 4 boys have there own beds (we rent a furnished Apt.) I would like to apply for credit at Living spaces but im not sure if I would get approved. My scores are as follows:

Ex

Score 8 = 671

Score 3 = 654

Score 2 = 715

TU

Score 8 = 685

Score 4 = 704

EQ

Score 8 =675

Score 5 = 693

Can anyone here guide me as to wether or not my scores are worthy enough to obtain credit at this store. I dont know what their normal FICO score requirements are.

I thank you all for your help and I look forward to your responses, everyone here has been amazing when it come to guidance. Thank you all again.

I'm not familiar with that card (know it's from Synchrony) but your scores are within the range of approvals for most Sync cards.  Are you looking for that card because of the special financing?  I ask because your scores are enough for most Visa/MasterCard approvals

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, just looking to get the financing for the furniture I need. I originally thought it was either in house financing or GE. I'm not to familiar with Synchrony. Is this a good option or a difficult one to get?
Message 3 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ex

Score 8 = 671

Score 3 = 654

Score 2 = 715

TU

Score 8 = 685

Score 4 = 704

EQ

Score 8 =675

Score 5 = 693

I'm not familiar with that card (know it's from Synchrony) but your scores are within the range of approvals for most Sync cards.  Are you looking for that card because of the special financing?  I ask because your scores are enough for most Visa/MasterCard approvals

+1

Those scores don't suck, and a quick perusal of Living Spaces special financing... well, think I'd go get a Discover instead which at least when I hit pre-qual has a 12 month 0% anyway and there's a decent chance that store might even land in the 10% category though probably doesn't work on the timeline, not that 5% sucks.  Might as well pick up a forever usable tradeline with promotional pricing than a random store card if the benefits in the short term even without counting rewards are near identical.

Thinking the living spaces card would be a last resort?  Someone else would know better, probably would be helpful to have a little more idea of what's on your credit report Marsan - different lenders have different sensitivities to specific issues.

        
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a chapter 13 bnkcy that is due to fall off in July 2015. No other collection accounts or negatives on my report.
Message 5 of 10
nmac
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ex

Score 8 = 671

Score 3 = 654

Score 2 = 715

TU

Score 8 = 685

Score 4 = 704

EQ

Score 8 =675

Score 5 = 693

Please don't apply for any new credit until you close on your mortgage, or if you do check with your loan officer first. While your scores are not bad no one here knows the underwriting for the specific mortgage product you’re apply for and the last thing you want to do is delay your mortgage closing due to a score drop or utilization change. 

Once you close I bet you’ll have little trouble getting the living spaces card since your TU scres are in the range that they approve. 

Congrats on the home purchase!

Quick Silver 2k - Discover 4.3K - Chase Freedom 7.6K - Venture 13K
Citi Double Cash 3.5K - Amex SPG 5K - CSP 5K - Arrival+ 3K
SW Premiere 5K - Citi TY Premiere 3.7K - FNBO Sun Country 3.6K
BOA Cash Rewards 5K - DCU Platinum 10K - Spirit 5K
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree with the advice not to apply for new credit until mortgage is complete. 

I've got Living Spaces and we got Dining Room and Bedroom pieces from them (and a couple ottomans). I can't tell you my scores at the time, but at the time I was hesitant as I knew my credit wasn't 'great'. If I had to guess, likely mid-six hundreds with some baddies. I've got $4k now, but I don't recall if that was the original amount. I think it was and it's been more than enough for us since we bought stuff, paid it off at 0% and bought more at 0%. 

I will say, as with anything, be SURE to inspect the pieces when they deliver if you go with LS. We turned away one dining room table and could have turned away our bed and a dresser. The table top was scratched to he**, the bed was glued/fixed in a place (but it was the last of it's kind so we kept it), and the dresser, they hit a knob so it's a bit tweaked, but we planned to replace the knobs anyway...just haven't done it. (Now that I recall, we refused an ottoman too). 

Do not sign if it's damaged, have them get on the phone with their supervisor or whatever. They try to do things SO fast, I think they can be a bit careless. 

Message 7 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

OP, I have removed your duplicate thread in applications, please do not cross post the same I thank you in advance for your understanding. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nmac wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ex

Score 8 = 671

Score 3 = 654

Score 2 = 715

TU

Score 8 = 685

Score 4 = 704

EQ

Score 8 =675

Score 5 = 693

Please don't apply for any new credit until you close on your mortgage, or if you do check with your loan officer first. While your scores are not bad no one here knows the underwriting for the specific mortgage product you’re apply for and the last thing you want to do is delay your mortgage closing due to a score drop or utilization change. 

Once you close I bet you’ll have little trouble getting the living spaces card since your TU scres are in the range that they approve. 

Congrats on the home purchase!

+1.

I can already tell you what your LO will say Smiley Wink.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Needing some guidance, an anyone help me? RESULTS............

Hello everyone.  Thank you all very much for the feedback. Unfortunately, after closing, funding and recording, I tried to open the account at living spaces for my furniture and was denied online for the loan. Smiley Sad.  Ill keep my focus on my credit for the next year and see what happens. I really do however appreciate your help.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.