cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Changes To Citi Prestige Trip Delay Insurance.

tag
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Negative Changes To Citi Prestige Trip Delay Insurance.

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Negative Changes To Citi Prestige Trip Delay Insurance.

Makes sense
Message 2 of 30
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I expect to keep using Prestige, and I can see how the old rules may have encouraged abuse with very risky connections. Maybe they could have found a better solution, though. Maybe they could have required an initial 60 or 90 minute delay vs. 180 mins.
Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, that's right, Citi. Keep nerfing your card. 

Is Citi on the verge of bankruptcy or something? They keep acting like it. 

Message 4 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sheesh, nerfing, more nerfing, then no sign up bonus, and now more nerfing? It's like they're trying to dissuade people from apping for this card....still hasn't worked on me though, I'm still planning on applying whenever there's a sign up bonus again lol. 4th night hotel, unlimited roadside, and 24 month purchase protection are still unique to this card - and from the sound of the article, the 3 hr trip delay still is no stingier than the terms of the 6hr for the CSR. In fact being that it's 3 hours it's still more generous, so again: still a unique perk here. Here's hoping I can nab the $350 fee.
Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

They just refunded interests due to increasing cardmembers APR, that's a lot of money outta their pocket.

Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

They just refunded interests due to increasing cardmembers APR, that's a lot of money outta their pocket.

Yeah, a lot of money they borrowed from their own card holders because they're probably the most ignorant bank in the country when you combine all of their departments together and compare them to other banks. When I hear of something stupid or lacking of customer service in the banking industry, I always assume it has to do with Citi before even reading the news article. Most of the time I'm right, and sometimes I'm wrong.  The VP's at the top need to lose their job, but Corbat is too busy counting his millions instead. 

Message 7 of 30
redpat
Senior Contributor

Prestige card is far in my review mirror.........Was a great card and citi really drop the ball on this card.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 8 of 30
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

The only two benefits of Citi Prestige that I would have used were the 60% bonus on American Airlines flights and the Admirals Clubs.  When those two benefits were nerfed last year, I lost all interest in applying for the card.

it’s pretty clear that Citi is no longer seeking to grow its portfolio of Thank You Points cards.  All their recent focus has been on the Double Cash,  the AAdvantage, and the Simplicity cards.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 9 of 30
wasCB14
Super Contributor

F4,
Strictly speaking, the 24 month extended warranty (not the same as purchase protection which IIRC is 120 days on Prestige) is available on many other Citi cards. Maybe the covered dollar amounts are much lower on other cards, though.

Assuming you can get it at $350, what sort of bonus would you expect? 30k? 50k? 75k? Given that it's been without a public bonus for several months (targeted offers do exist), I really don't know if it's reasonable to expect a great one to return.
Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.