Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative credit card balance

tag
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Negative credit card balance

Does anyone think its bad to have a closed, formerly secured, credit card that has a negative balance? So, total credit limit = 0, current balance = -35.00

When I requested that this be closed, they removed the $35 annual fee and froze the account. Then 1.5 months later, instead of refunding the current balance, they left the -$35 on the account.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Negative credit card balance

no, other lenders just regard it as 0 since it's the bank that owes you money,  not the other way round.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 4
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 3 of 4
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

I would think that as long as it is closed with no balance owing, it would be fine. So if the lender actually owes you money, it would also be fine. Let's see what others have to say, because I'm just going by my logic, which isn't always the way lenders think...lol.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.