Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative rewards balance?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Negative rewards balance?

Let's say I pay $3000 for cap one bonus for venture.

I redeem all the bonus points. 

What will happen if I get a refund on the $3000? Just curious. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: Negative rewards balance?

@Anonymous wrote:

Let's say I pay $3000 for cap one bonus for venture.

I redeem all the bonus points. 

What will happen if I get a refund on the $3000? Just curious. 

I have had the same issue with Discover and Citi.

They'll start with a negative balance and keep posting to it until it becomes zero with the next set of purchases. 

The negative balances are typically base points though, not bonuses. But YMMV. 

Edited to add: Not sign up bonus in my case, just quarterly bonus.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i would assume they would either give you a negative points balance or post it to your account balance

Message 3 of 7
stellar
Established Contributor

On my quiksilver, when I had something returned, I ended up with a negative cash rewards balance.  When I later spent more and got more rewards the balance went to positive again.  It covered the negative balance plus some.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stellar wrote:

On my quiksilver, when I had something returned, I ended up with a negative cash rewards balance.  When I later spent more and got more rewards the balance went to positive again.  It covered the negative balance plus some.

Thank you! 

I'm guessing you withdrew the rewards balance, and that is how it became negative? 

Message 5 of 7
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@stellar wrote:

Thank you! 

I'm guessing you withdrew the rewards balance, and that is how it became negative? 

Off topic, methinks you should have gardened and waited on US Bank.  Smiley Wink

On topic, me thinks I would not go there with Venture.

Signature needs updating
Message 6 of 7
stellar
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@stellar wrote:

Thank you! 

yes exactly. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.