Regular Contributor
Chris_1970

Negotiated annual fee with HSBC

I recently noticed on my statement that one of my HSBC cards has an AF that was due to hit on my next cycle statement. I emailed them to inquire about closing the account as I wasn't interesting in paying the AF. They emailed back and offered to half it if I would keep account open. They didn't waive it as I had hoped but I guess halving it is better than nothing. I've had it for about 4 yrs w/no lates so didn't really want to close it. Thanks to the knowledge gained here I was able to save a little bit.
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

Re: Negotiated annual fee with HSBC

Congrats! Something is much better than nothing!
Here we go again...
New Contributor
ezover

Re: Negotiated annual fee with HSBC

Had the same happen with cap1.

about 3 months ago I called them about dropping the AF on a old card and they would not, so I closed it.

called them last month about another card with a AF. and asked them to drop it and the countered with half rate offer, so I accepted that.

I really did not want to close my other oldest TL.

getting there
TU 770 5/14/09
EQ 740

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+