Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neiman Marcus...Keep or close?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Neiman Marcus...Keep or close?

I understand, pizza, and I can imagine how frustrating it is with all the good progress you have made to now have NM be putting up roadblocks for you. It's not necessary and you have really shown them you are a solid customer. Keep up the good work. Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The card is ugly. Close it.

humor enters the situation Smiley Happy

funny, CAP

Message 22 of 26
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If you use it monthly then it's hands down a card you keep!

BTW my limit is only $700 and won't move, your not doing terrible and that's just your limit... NM you can charge over AT LEAST 20% of your CL!!

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

My limit preBK was $700, and they were IIB for $505.  

Yes, I started with a $1.5k limit, they opened another acct for me 9 months ago. So, at the time of approval I was 1.6 yrs post DC.

I use it more than random shopping trips.  Its use frequently, if not monthly, (online).    I do get my makeup, and facial products there ( free shipping  and NO sales tax + they carry my brands I use), so I dont have to go to the mall. I actually save money not having to pay tax, and spend time going to the mall and fighting crowds , and of course time. 

If you shop at NM online often, using a shopping portal with another card will probably give you much better rewards. Discover gives 15%/30% right now.

I don't think it's at all unreasonable for a bank to limit the credit it extends to a borrower who burned them two years ago, even over a small balance.

Message 24 of 26
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

My limit preBK was $700, and they were IIB for $505.  

Yes, I started with a $1.5k limit, they opened another acct for me 9 months ago. So, at the time of approval I was 1.6 yrs post DC.

I use it more than random shopping trips.  Its use frequently, if not monthly, (online).    I do get my makeup, and facial products there ( free shipping  and NO sales tax + they carry my brands I use), so I dont have to go to the mall. I actually save money not having to pay tax, and spend time going to the mall and fighting crowds , and of course time. 

If you shop at NM online often, using a shopping portal with another card will probably give you much better rewards. Discover gives 15%/30% right now.

I don't think it's at all unreasonable for a bank to limit the credit it extends to a borrower who burned them two years ago, even over a small balance.

Never really thought about the Portals, and always forget about them! Thanks for the reminders! And I dont think its unreasonable either for a bank I burned to limit extended credit to me, or any credit for that matter...I completely understand, but doesnt mean I like it, LOL!! Smiley Wink

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

Never really thought about the Portals, and always forget about them! Thanks for the reminders! And I dont think its unreasonable either for a bank I burned to limit extended credit to me, or any credit for that matter...I completely understand, but doesnt mean I like it, LOL!! Smiley Wink

Ebates also has had some great cashback for using their portal for NM purchases recently -I think it ws 10% cash back but would have to check.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.