Regular Contributor
MontegoMack

Re: Nervous about my card choices

I just couldn't wait any longer. 

EX reported my BoA CLI so only TU was holding out on the update. 

I had to do it. I apped online and 

wait for it...

I got instantly approved for $5k :smileyvery-happy:

Looks like I'm off to the garden for at least a year. I'm very happy with the mix of cards that I have. Thank you all for being so encouraging and so strategic for my benefit. I now breathe a very long and deep sigh of relief. 

Ahhhhhhhh.....

BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa 5k
Chase Freedom 9k
BBRZ MC 800 (SD)
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
improvingmycredit

SUPER CONGRATS!  I am very happy for you!  If I were you though, I'd still recon the limit to 7K.  Call Chase on the BackDoor number, tell the analyst that you are considering a large purchase and want a little wiggle room for utility to take advantage of the 0% APR for 15 months.  The worst they can say is "no" and my experience has been no new HP.  :smileyhappy:.  Good luck and again... Congrats!  

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSP 20.5K, TotalRewards 20.5K, QuickSilver 20K

Regular Contributor
MontegoMack

[ Edited ]

Thank you so much!

I called the back door number and the credit analyzer said that it would be another hard pull. Yuck. Since that's the case, I'll be sticking to my $5k limit for a year. However, I did get them to expedite my card. I'll receive it by 3pm tomorrow via UPS.

BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa 5k
Chase Freedom 9k
BBRZ MC 800 (SD)
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
improvingmycredit

WOW.. Thanks for the feedback. Another HP.  Need to lock that one in the safe for future use.  Still, what a great approval!  Happy dance for you!!!  HaHa.  Congrats!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSP 20.5K, TotalRewards 20.5K, QuickSilver 20K

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}