Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nervous about my card choices

tag
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

Re: Nervous about my card choices

I just couldn't wait any longer. 

EX reported my BoA CLI so only TU was holding out on the update. 

I had to do it. I apped online and 

wait for it...

I got instantly approved for $5k Smiley Very Happy

Looks like I'm off to the garden for at least a year. I'm very happy with the mix of cards that I have. Thank you all for being so encouraging and so strategic for my benefit. I now breathe a very long and deep sigh of relief. 

Ahhhhhhhh.....

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 21 of 24
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

SUPER CONGRATS!  I am very happy for you!  If I were you though, I'd still recon the limit to 7K.  Call Chase on the BackDoor number, tell the analyst that you are considering a large purchase and want a little wiggle room for utility to take advantage of the 0% APR for 15 months.  The worst they can say is "no" and my experience has been no new HP.  Smiley Happy.  Good luck and again... Congrats!  

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 22 of 24
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

Thank you so much!

I called the back door number and the credit analyzer said that it would be another hard pull. Yuck. Since that's the case, I'll be sticking to my $5k limit for a year. However, I did get them to expedite my card. I'll receive it by 3pm tomorrow via UPS.

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 23 of 24
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

WOW.. Thanks for the feedback. Another HP.  Need to lock that one in the safe for future use.  Still, what a great approval!  Happy dance for you!!!  HaHa.  Congrats!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.