Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nervous of Barclay CLD...

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Nervous of Barclay CLD...

So I have had a Barclay Financing Visa since Dec 2011.  

Currently, I am 23 dollars over the CL, but other then that, never been late (over 3 days late once...but they waved the fees since a family member died)...

but have carried a balance right at the CL for a LONG time now and this is why I think they might CLD me.

I wanted to ask ...when I pay it off in full, in the next few weeks, would it be benficial for me to pay a little over the CL ...so then they would at least know I have the cash to pay the entire CL and then some...I would be then left with a 500 dollar credit on my account, assuming I pay 4k (CL is 3500)

I would use that 500 dollar credit and then start PIF every month

Suggestions?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Nervous of Barclay CLD...

I wouldn't pay over the credit line. Can you pay the ol now? Do they charge you an ol fee?
Message 2 of 11
Andy77
Valued Contributor

I found out of the 23 dollars over the CL when my statement cut on 10/5/13.  I made a payment today of 150.00..my due date is 11/5/13

Message 3 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Ok. Assuming the rest of your cr is ok ie low util pyt history-If you are going to PIF, then do it next month
Message 4 of 11
Andy77
Valued Contributor

No everthing is maxed out now.  I will have the money to pay off everything to zero or under 9 % by next month

Do you think I should make small payments on the Barclay and pay off ALL the other cards and let them update on the CR...so when I do pay the Barclay if they soft pull me they will see all my other balances are zero then maybe they will not CLD me.... thoughts?

Message 5 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
I wouldn't pay over the credit line. Can you pay the ol now? Do they charge you an ol fee?

+1

Just pay the overlimit charges with your current/normal payment.  However, when you retire the full balance in the next few weeks, do not pay it over your full CL.  Just make the standard PIF.  Just make sure your current reported items are in line with your spending/reporting (i.e. no high utilization swings and no rollercoaster CS fluctuations).

Message 6 of 11
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Well when I pay off everything but the Barclays there will be a large swing...going from maxed out to very good utilization...I think my score should increase about 30 to 50 points according to the myfico simulator

Message 7 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Andy77 wrote:

No everthing is maxed out now.  I will have the money to pay off everything to zero or under 9 % by next month

Do you think I should make small payments on the Barclay and pay off ALL the other cards and let them update on the CR...so when I do pay the Barclay if they soft pull me they will see all my other balances are zero then maybe they will not CLD me.... thoughts?

Hmmm...this could be trivial.  You'd have to be aware whether Barclay's has already SP'd you during their standard account reviews (or would be in the process of).  Remember, the CSRs won't know this information as it is all done behind the scenes and is system-driven.  Unfortunately, we won't know that as Barclays can conduct periodic reviews at any given time.

Message 8 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Just pay what you owe ......wash rinse repeat

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I'd pay it in small payments in the 500-1000 range.
Barclay's likes to put holds on pmts > $2k ime.
Although my recent $3k pmt wasn't put on hold! Shockingly so. Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.