Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nervous to apply need help choosing

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Nervous to apply need help choosing

So as i have mentioned before i am going to be applying for a new Visa in 2015. I need help choosing a card that is going to approve me, in 2015 my stats will be :

100% on time payments

Less than 30% Util

44k income

AAOA around 2yrs maybe a little over

I will have 0 INQ across the board

So my question is whom should i go with for Visa? I hear all these things about Citi and Chase being hard to get, which makes me nervous but i also hear that those 2 are easy, i would prefer to stay away from Cap1 i already have a card, of which i hear Citi doesnt like giving you too many accts when you already have them, i have Citi BB card and Citi Sears MC so 2 accts with them technically. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Nervous to apply need help choosing

A lot can change between now and 2015.  Unless things remained static on your profile, it would be difficult to predict what you would qualify for.  Additionally, a lot of credit products mature and/or cease to exist (or get nerfed), this also includes economic cycles/trends that could impact credit underwriting.  It would probably be a good idea to check as you get close to apply and see what offers may be available.

Message 2 of 10
ptilda
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

A lot can change between now and 2015.  Unless things remained static on your profile, it would be difficult to predict what you would qualify for.  Additionally, a lot of credit products mature and/or cease to exist (or get nerfed), this also includes economic cycles/trends that could impact credit underwriting.  It would probably be a good idea to check as you get close to apply and see what offers may be available.

+1

Not only your stats will change, but options for cards will change. Develop your "wish-list" by checking out these forums, but there's no need to decide now.

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 3 of 10
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

I know things could change, but i was basically wondering which bank is a little easier to get?

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 4 of 10
ptilda
Established Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:

I know things could change, but i was basically wondering which bank is a little easier to get?

Credit union. Build a good relationship with a great local CU and you'll be in a good spot in a year.

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 5 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ptilda wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

Credit union. Build a good relationship with a great local CU and you'll be in a good spot in a year.

+1  if you decide to go the CU route.  For the majors there's really no "easier" elegibility criteria... it all depends on a lot of factors, which again, could change by 2015. 

Message 6 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Do you mean 2014 or really over a year from now?

Message 7 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

Do you mean 2014 or really over a year from now?

Oh I think he meant 2015.  2014 would be a given/much easier to provide direction.

Message 8 of 10
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

too many variables that can happen from now to 2015...i agree, tho, CUs the way to go

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 9 of 10
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Is approval really all that matters?   Give us some criteria to narrow down the options.

I'd +1 that's it's too early to be deciding now.  You can certainly make a wish list but don't expect it to remain static.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.