cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nevada Federal Credit Union - anybody use them?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nevada Federal Credit Union - anybody use them?

I'm hugely impressed when talking with them. How do you feel about them?

I'm promised that they do not commit un-expected CLD or rate-jacks on there VISA and they tell me in advance what my interest will be based on my credit scores.

I've just got to wait for this last card to report to the CRAs and I'm making the jump. Goodbye big banks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
leah5570
Frequent Contributor

Re: Nevada Federal Credit Union - anybody use them?

I have never went in, but my co workers who are members love them. They take the time to know you and your credit history and really work with you. I've heard nothing but good things about them. From what I've heard, they are perfect for getting away from the big banks and growing a long term credit union relationship.

EQ. Starting Score 08/19/12: 545
EQ. Current Score 09/02/13: 611
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

The effects of waking a sleeping giant...
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I was considering relocating to LV I was checking out to credit unions there. Doesn't look like anything special. To get the "maintenance fee" waived, you have to agree to online statements AND have a total of 12 debit card transactions a month. What type of credit union encourages you to frivolously spend your money? No thanks, I'll stay with Ally Bank. I don't care if there's over 50,000 ATMS with CU's "Co-Ops"...with Ally I can use any ATM I want to with no fee. And no monthly fees whatsoever no matter the balance or how much I spend.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Landed my highest credit limit to date today with NFCU and 8% + prime. I was 2 points away from 5% + prime but can get that in 6 months. It has a feature that means everything in the world to me: Free rental car insurance. Yosemite, Olympic, Banff, Red Woods here I come.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.