cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never Again! Sam's Club Mastercard CLI?

tag
raydmercer2345
Regular Contributor

Re: Never Again! Sam's Club Mastercard CLI?

Agreed! LOL

Message 11 of 23
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think you should have just paid it all yourself and had them cut you checks for their shares, but that's water under the bridge now. Good luck collecting from your deadbeat brother. 

Never trust family... especially brothers.

I loaned mine $1700 back in like 2003...

I've seen exactly $0.00 paid back.

Never again... sorry bro... call a bank.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 12 of 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@TRC_WA wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think you should have just paid it all yourself and had them cut you checks for their shares, but that's water under the bridge now. Good luck collecting from your deadbeat brother. 

Well the golden rule is never lend anyone money, unless you plan on giving it to the person as a gift..  You are just setting yourself up for disappointment and being bitter between family and/or friends.. Friends always ask if they can borrow money and I tell them know I have been bit to many times and don't wan't it to become between our friendship.  

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow I must have a good brother Smiley Very Happy I've bailed him out of tight crap and hes done the same for me. But then again we work together. If he didn't pay me back I would just go empty his tip jar a couple times Smiley Wink Not a big deal nowadays, If there was trouble it would be bigger trouble than I could go to my brother for I think. But back in the day when we didn't save much Smiley Embarassed

Message 14 of 23
raydmercer2345
Regular Contributor

We are a very close family....he always pays back but it never seems to be on time! Chalk it up to PROCRASTINATION!! It just makes it that much worse that I've worked extremely hard over the past 2 years to get my credit where it is now (and he knows that). So he should know that it is important to me to get things paid in a timely matter.

Message 15 of 23
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@raydmercer2345 wrote:

We are a very close family....he always pays back but it never seems to be on time! Chalk it up to PROCRASTINATION!! It just makes it that much worse that I've worked extremely hard over the past 2 years to get my credit where it is now (and he knows that). So he should know that it is important to me to get things paid in a timely matter.

I'm sorry to hear this.  Unfortunately, it's your CC and your history on the line.   I would suggest having him pay you directly and you pay SyncB in the future.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TRC_WA wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Every person is different and every family is different. The better answer is never lend money you cannot afford to lose and never co-sign for anything you cannot afford to monitor and pay. I have co-signed for family and even lent money to family and friends. I have always been paid back, but even if I was not, it was money I did not mins losing. 

The original poster made the mistake of letting someone else handle a payment. I am much less willing to let someone handle a payment for me or even for a loan I co-sign than I am to let someone borrow money. I co-signed a car for my sister when she just got done with school (parents were across the country). I ensured I had access to monitor payments and ensured she made payments well before deadline so I could make the payments if it got close.

Some would advice me to flat out refuse to co-sign, but that would have been the wrong answer for my family. Why? I wanted my sister to have a car and my fear of non-payment on her part was very small. I know her well enough to know she would not intentionally force me to make payments and if her financial situation deteriorated to the point she needed help, I would have been happy to help. I even knew she had good credit habits because my parents drilled them in us, yet the only thing I required from her was the ability to monitor payments to ensure no unintentional lates occurred. Was my choice the right choice for every family? No. Everyone's situation is different. 

TLDR: Only lend what you can afford to lose. Only co-sign what you can guarantee will be paid (i.e. monitor payments and afford to pay if needed).

Message 17 of 23
Billybob_TX
Frequent Contributor

Not following here, never again what? Shopping at Sam's? Using Sam's credit?

Message 18 of 23
C24Webb
Regular Contributor

@Billybob_TX wrote:

Not following here, never again what? Shopping at Sam's? Using Sam's credit?

Hmmm, probably never again expecting their brother to make a payment on their (OP's) card.  

Card/Limit/Opened — Discover it: $27,600 2/14 | Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,500 7/14 | Banana Republic Visa: $10,000 7/14 | USAA Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $9,000 6/11 | Chase Freedom: $2,000 3/12
History — AAoA: 42 months | Oldest account: 119 months (including AU) | Inquiries: 1 EX 0 EQ 0 TU | Score: 765 (Discover TU) 750 (USAA CreditCheck Monitoring EX FAKO)
Message 19 of 23
Goblin
Regular Contributor

When dealing with Synchrony Bank be sure to ALWAYS HAVE SUFFICIENT FUNDS.

i made the mistake of doing this twice and had my Walmart card canceled.  

I made my payment with enough time to correct the issue before the due date on both occasions, so I never made a late payment.  It just sends huge red flags to them that you're not responsible.  So I'm begging you please don't make the same mistake again!  EVER on this account!

Starting Score: Ex: 495 Eq: 492 Tu: 497
Current Score: Ex: 708 Eq: 716 Tu: 710

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.