Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never ever do what I did So stupid >.<

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Never ever do what I did So stupid >.<

@Anonymous wrote:
there are more rewarding barclay cards than that. and this "foot in the door" statement is so over said in my opinion. i can't think of a lender that is more likely to approve you for a good card if you have a lower tiered card than if you had nothing. only exception is cap1 if you have a platinum or QS1 and wouldn't otherwise qualify for QS then you can usually PC it or something but other than that it's nearly irrelevant

Well, I went searching on the forum, and found multiple reports of Barclay PCs, such as this one (below). With that knowledge in hand, I think it was worthwhile to "get my foot in the door." Granted, "others' mileage may vary." Smiley Happy
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Barclay-Apple-Financing-PC-Success/m-p/4270097/highlight/true#M1217432?filter=labels&q=barclay+pc

Message 41 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

that doesn't really show much? it's a card approval. i don't understand why you're calling me out..?
Message 42 of 45
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
depends what you drink and how much. there are different stages. i drink enough to know my limits of remembering or not. back in the day i woke up and people told me stories of funny things i did or said and had no clue. but anymore i am pretty aware of what happened. again depends on level of drunkenness and what you ended up drinking.

Yeah, not for me.  I've been to the point where my legs don't want to work, but I still remember what was happening.  I always thought people just used it as an excuse, but in the last 15 years or so, I've realized that there are really people that don't remember....can't fathom it.

You're not alone... I'm the same way.  Years ago (as in, 15+ years ago) I allowed myself to get properly smashed a couple of times, but like you I remembered everything the next day (at the time some of which I wished I could forget).  If I were to do the 'drunk apping' thing I honestly wouldn't be able to say I didn't remember... the booze might loosen up my inhibitions for a little while, but I would remember everything... which (in my case) would make the denials that much more painful.

I'm also one of those 'weirdos' who also remembers most of what goes on even when being given Versed via IV... I'm told that's 'hard core'... LOL  Smiley Surprised

Message 43 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

well i forget regular events on a daily basis anyway so yeah
Message 44 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do believe nearly every single card in my signature was applied for under the influence. I'd be patiently waiting, trying to garden, but then I'd be mad if I had previously gotten denied for something and would feverishly apply. Well, as you can see, I successfully got some big limits, but there are a few that are tiny and won't budge (at least yet).

Some I would have never thought I'd have a chance at (like my Chase United, which had a $25k starting limit, which I applied for only a month after getting a $16k Marriott, and the Marriott only being a month after getting a $12k IHG)... obviously applying in this way goes against all of the known advice we read on these forums, but the point is, we don't always know the bank's algorithms and sometimes we get lucky at a time we might be otherwise afraid to apply.

Obviously I do not support drunk applying, but at least for me, it hasn't been the worst thing. I'd rather that than drunk shopping... haha

Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.