Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never get any pre-approvals :-(

tag
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Never get any pre-approvals :-(

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Well... The only card I want to close us Chevron haha. I think it only matters if you have a bunch of maxed out cards. Any creditor I do biz with can see that I barely use any of those cards-just keep them for util and history. Only one is maxed out :-/ haha. I paid like over $3k in cc bills this month!!!

some creditors like PenFed would probably stay clear of all your accounts lol, the toughest ones to break does not like many accounts, quality over quantity imo. PenFED actually lists a reason to turn down people as "pyramiding risk"

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 21 of 22
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Never get any pre-approvals :-(

I'v heard that as long as you manage your credit cards the correct way then you should be fine.My sister has 3 store cards that upgrade as time passes. After they upgrade they become major credit cards that can be used anywhere VISA, MC, AND AMEX is accepted and that for us is more than enough Smiley Happy Only card she has that doesnt upgrade is chevron and it comes in handy. There are a lot of chevrons all over the U.S. So yeah!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.