Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never get offers in the mail?

tag
DBSH
New Contributor

Never get offers in the mail?

My score is finally where I am okay with it (somewhere between good and great) but I still have not ever recieved a credit card offer in the mail? Am I missing something

BofA Cash Rewards: $15,000; Capital One Quicksilver: $9,000; Discover IT $15,000; Amex BCE: $15,000. Barclaycard Ring $12,000; Amazon $5000:
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Never get offers in the mail?

Are you opted in? 

Message 2 of 9
DBSH
New Contributor

I dont know what that means, but I never opted out?

BofA Cash Rewards: $15,000; Capital One Quicksilver: $9,000; Discover IT $15,000; Amex BCE: $15,000. Barclaycard Ring $12,000; Amazon $5000:
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always got subprime offers in the mail, until I hit the low 700's. Then I received Citi DC and BOA rewards. Approved for both.
Message 4 of 9
Wovenyarn
Regular Contributor

Do you troll the pre-qual sites?  I didn't receive any offers until I started checking for pre-quals.  Even when the pre-qual site said no offers, I started getting offers in the mail.  I was approved for Cap One, Barclay's and my 2nd BoA this way.

Freedom $3k, DCU $5k, BoA Rewards $1k, BoA Americard $2k, Barclay's Ring $3k, Cap 1 Plat $2k, QS1 $2k, Discover IT $500, Lowe's $10k

Scores: EQ 687, TU 709, EX 692
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure you are opted in. Here's the link:

https://www.optoutprescreen.com/opt_form.cgi

Message 6 of 9
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I always got subprime offers in the mail, until I hit the low 700's. Then I received Citi DC and BOA rewards. Approved for both.

Lmao, that explains why I haven't received any prime bank offers. I was wondering too, I only been receiving subprime offers in the mail for like stupid low sl. Even though I have a Amex and capital one card. 

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

First post, long time lurker.  The only offers I ever got in the mail were from Capitol One for quicksilver one and venture one until I got Discover.  After Discover my scores were around 750, and I got offers from Wells Fargo and AMEX.  The Wells Fargo offer did not include a set APR, only the generic ranges, and the AMEX offers were for charge cards. 

I just opted in thanks to SteelCity66, so maybe that will change . . .

Message 8 of 9
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@DBSH wrote:

My score is finally where I am okay with it (somewhere between good and great) but I still have not ever recieved a credit card offer in the mail? Am I missing something

Why are you waiting for offers?  They're just marketing.  Don't let offers determine what you apply for.  Find cards based on your needs/wants.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.