Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never got in w Discover

tag
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

Re: Never got in w Discover

@ddemari wrote:

With an 800 you have to be a for sure approval or if not, call them immediately for recon. My app with discover was a few months ago when I had a bankruptcy still reporting and my EQ was 670. Reason for denial= bankruptcy

At the time, my EQ report had 1% utilization, an old paid charge off from 2010 and 5 inquires. I called for recon and they told me because of bankruptcy which was almost 10 years old they could not appove me (discover never burned because I was never approved). 

I have seen on here so many people who have gotten approved 2-3 yeas out of bankruptcy so it makes no sense to me and must be an case by case situation. 

I was scanning my reports and the last three times I apped for Discover, all EQ pulls except once in 2013 it was TU pull. Im in Illinois and if Discover would pull TU for me, I feel like id get approved. 

They're totally inconsistent on the issue of approving/denying with a BK on file. 

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 11 of 16
Scupra
Super Contributor

Agreed! Apped at 22 months post d/c with an EQ score of 680 and BK was the only reason listed. Attempted to recon 4 times

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 12 of 16
ddemari
Super Contributor

I wonder if i lock Eq if it will just get rejected
Message 13 of 16
Scupra
Super Contributor

@ddemari wrote:
I wonder if i lock Eq if it will just get rejected

That's what I did! The refused ot pull TU and made me unlock EQ :/ YMMV

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 14 of 16
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Discover is definitely unpredictable with who they approve. Some people get denied with a 5 year old 30 day late, then the next person gets $8k with a 2 year old repossession.

I really dislike their customer service. They talk to me like I'm some bar hopping buddy - it's just not appropriate for a CSR to refer to me as "man." Im still out $15 from stupid shopDiscover as well. At least Ebates resolves issues. ShopDiscover seems to be hoping the issue will mysteriously disappear.

My [insert sarcasm] Discovery IT keeps my $200 Target Redcard good company in the kitchen drawer.
Message 15 of 16
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@pazuzu wrote:

Pre or post BK.

I apped twice post BK, in 2009 and 2011. I only apped the 2nd time b/c I was getting deluged with preapprovals by mail.

They cited the derog PR, of course, but they also griped about how many retail/store cards I had!

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot do they care about that as long as I pay????

I'll have as many cards of whatever type I wish!!!

i quoted this just for the picture and nothing else!

discover denied me flat out with recon as well so i am in the same boat as you except i will never app them again.

only reason i applied was shopdiscover and upromise beats that by a long shot

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.