Re: Never saw this Amex credit line increase button and response before

I just posted my update. 

Take a look. Hope it helps!

-PointsYoda

Message 51 of 81
shoegal
Valued Contributor

I took one for the team. Smiley Happy I clicked the CLI button for my ED since it showed up for me yesterday and entered my info (3xCLI amount and income) and got the 7-10 days message, but also an email to call. I called and robot lady told me that I had not asked for CLI in the past 90 days. LOL. Then, it asked if I wanted to do one, now. I did and robot lady said that I have to wait until my 60 days and to ask again at that time, which for me is the end of this month so I'm fine with that. 

Message 52 of 81
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@shoegal wrote:

It's tempting to try it!

I am very tempted to try it on my BCE, but I know my CLI eligibility date isn't until August 13th. I don't want to tempt fate!

Message 53 of 81
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@shoegal wrote:

It's tempting to try it!

I am very tempted to try it on my BCE, but I know my CLI eligibility date isn't until August 13th. I don't want to tempt fate!

Yeah. It's best to wait since yours is just a few days away.

Message 54 of 81
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@shoegal wrote:

It's tempting to try it!

"Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! Ticket price pays for the whole seat but you'll only need the edge."  We all have our fingers crossed for you and hope things go smoother on the credit side than the charge side.

Message 55 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Delta Gold (increase your credit limt button)

I have started getting a increase your credit limit button on my home page right under my balance, is this a offer to increase or does everyone have that there. I never saw it before. I have only had my card one billing cycle so i am not sure if i should try it or wait the 61 days. Anyone have any ideas or advice. Great forum, the best on the web !

Message 56 of 81
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Bizfirst welcome aboard! That appearing was the reason I started the thread. I've been an Amex cardholder for 15 years and that was the first time I had ever seen it. While there are reports of getting CLIs sooner, most people have had to wait the 61 days. Experience tells us that asking too early doesn't start a 91 day timeout period after a denial, but most likely you'll have better luck at 61 days.
Message 57 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

(The Button), is for sure just a shortcut. I clicked it, got the 7-10 day email, then called in and was told my credit increase was declined due to you can only have 1 increase per 6 months. My last increase was May 16th. Hope this helps........

Message 58 of 81
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@shoegal wrote:

It's tempting to try it!

"Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! Ticket price pays for the whole seat but you'll only need the edge."  We all have our fingers crossed for you and hope things go smoother on the credit side than the charge side.

And just to make sure there are no shenanigans afoot, I won't be hitting that button until the 14th Smiley Happy 

Message 59 of 81
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Awww DeeBee78, Monday! Monday! Monday! just doesn't have the same ring.

Message 60 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.