Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never saw this Amex credit line increase button and response before

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Never saw this Amex credit line increase button and response before

Nice, I have it too, never noticed before but who knows.  Kinda scared to hit it as I just got the Surpass and regular Hilton cards.  Now I have 6 cards with Amex.  Smiley Surprised

Message 61 of 81
CountryLad
New Contributor

AmEx Hilton Honors CLI

Question -- not sure anyone would know, but...I've noticed that recently when I log into my Hilton Honors AmEx account, they have recently added a button/link to "Increase Your Credit Limit" -- it's right below the button/link that says "Balance & Credit Details." Since I have received my card, I've been transacting on it and nothing else. Pay it off several times each month and never use more than 30% of my limit... Is AmEx encouraging people to request a CLI? Just curious if this link appears in everyone's accounts... Also, the link was previously buried in an out-of-the-way location on their site, not front and center as it is now. Thanks.

“If you wish to get rich, save what you get. A fool can earn money; but it takes a wise man to save and dispose of it to his own advantage.” ―Brigham Young
Message 62 of 81
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: AmEx Hilton Honors CLI

There was actually a post about this just a few days ago about this: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Never-saw-this-Amex-credit-line-increase-button-and-res...

Best guess is we think it's a feature being rolled out to customers little by little since not everyone has it even those with multiple accounts with AMEX.

Message 63 of 81
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

There is a thread over in credit cards forum started by K-In-Boston. It created quite the stirSmiley Wink. Give it a read, should answer most of your questionsSmiley Wink
Message 64 of 81
Floyduda
New Contributor

Great Question.....I have BCE, it suddenly appeared one day....2 weeks later, it disappeared when I paid my balance down to $0

Message 65 of 81
CountryLad
New Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

There was actually a post about this just a few days ago about this: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Never-saw-this-Amex-credit-line-increase-button-and-res...

Best guess is we think it's a feature being rolled out to customers little by little since not everyone has it even those with multiple accounts with AMEX.

Thank you for the quick reply and thank you even more for taking the time to find and post the link in your reply. Much appreciated.

“If you wish to get rich, save what you get. A fool can earn money; but it takes a wise man to save and dispose of it to his own advantage.” ―Brigham Young
Message 66 of 81
SarahJo
Established Contributor

I just hit the button, I noticed it yesterday.  I opened my BCE account 2 weeks ago.  Nothing ventured nothing gained.  I let a balance of $25 report on the statment and then paid it off.  I use CC's for everything for cash back because I PIF every month (save the Wayfair at 0% until 2018 utilization on that is 4%).  I've used the card the last 2 days for back to school, will PIF as usual.  I got the 7-10 day message, so I'll be sure to report back with the results just for the sake of the, er, um, "study."

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 67 of 81
chaos51
Regular Contributor

Re: Never saw this Amex credit line increase button and response before

I saw this button show up on my BCE about a week ago. I was denied on my 61 day CLI request, but today was day 93 after the denial. My current limit was $2,000. I have $550 balance mid cycle. I requested the 3x and was instantly given the $4,000 CLI to $6,000. Total utilization reporting is 0%. Ficos are EX - 691, TU - 697, EQ - 687 with an average of 9 inqs on each report and 9 CCs and 1 auto lease all opened in last 12 months.

Total Revolving Credit Limit: $306,900
Pay Over Time Limit: $85,000
Fico 8 Scores: Ex: 751, TU 751, EQ 741
Message 68 of 81
SarahJo
Established Contributor

@SarahJo wrote:

I just hit the button, I noticed it yesterday.  I opened my BCE account 2 weeks ago.  Nothing ventured nothing gained.  I let a balance of $25 report on the statment and then paid it off.  I use CC's for everything for cash back because I PIF every month (save the Wayfair at 0% until 2018 utilization on that is 4%).  I've used the card the last 2 days for back to school, will PIF as usual.  I got the 7-10 day message, so I'll be sure to report back with the results just for the sake of the, er, um, "study."

I wanted to update for data purposes:  Received a letter today in respeonse to my CLI stating, "We're unable to approve your request for a credit limit increase at this time...Your account must be open for at least 60 days."  That was the only reason given.  Was worth a shot!

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 69 of 81
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Thanks for the follow-up, SarahJo.  I'll assume you have day 61 marked on your calendar?  Smiley Wink

Message 70 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.