Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never thought I would say this

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never thought I would say this

But capital one is currently my favorite issuer. Times have surely changed thats for sure. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Re: Never thought I would say this

QS and Venture are some of the best cards out there, not sure what beef people have with Cap1...

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

But capital one is currently my favorite issuer. Times have surely changed thats for sure. 

Is it becasue of what happen with Amex?  On the other thread, you said you closed your other CAP 1 cards because they won't combine limits.  Are you going to re-apply for those cards?

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

No. I just wanted one card from cap1 so thats what initially got me to consolidate. They wouldnt combine but they gave me a decent limit after closing the other ones. 

I was deciding capital one was my favorite the past few weeks but now with amex it was the icing on the cake. 

As an example, when I call amex the rep is often arrogant and rude and basically says no to everything. When I call capital one they are friendly and try to accomidate within reason (especially their eo). Capital ones response was we dont combine or reallocate limits but would a "20k limit" be enough for your business needs? I said sure and that was that. Amex felt subprime while capital one felt prime. 

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

No. I just wanted one card from cap1 so thats what initially got me to consolidate. They wouldnt combine but they gave me a decent limit after closing the other ones. 

I was deciding capital one was my favorite the past few weeks but now with amex it was the icing on the cake. 

Oh Ok... Thanks for the prompt response.  Sorry to hear about Amex though...

Message 5 of 12
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@Kostya1992 wrote:

QS and Venture are some of the best cards out there, not sure what beef people have with Cap1...

I think the issue is with most people here is that they start in sub-prime land with Cap1 and Cap1 won't grow with them or combine limits; many also report that CSRs are useless and you need to contact the EO to get anything done, etc. I don't have Cap1 but if you start off prime with them, they seem fine. BF has QS Visa (started at $3k, has been auto-CLI'd to $7k or so, I forget the exact number) and no complaints. One time he flaked out and paid one day late and when he called, Cap1 was kind enough to reverse the late fee for him. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 6 of 12
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

@Callandra wrote:

@Kostya1992 wrote:

I think the issue is with most people here is that they start in sub-prime land with Cap1 and Cap1 won't grow with them or combine limits; many also report that CSRs are useless and you need to contact the EO to get anything done, etc. I don't have Cap1 but if you start off prime with them, they seem fine. BF has QS Visa (started at $3k, has been auto-CLI'd to $7k or so, I forget the exact number) and no complaints. One time he flaked out and paid one day late and when he called, Cap1 was kind enough to reverse the late fee for him. 

I have to disagree. I see Venture throw around 20,000SLs all around. Also, my brother started with a 1000 and a 3000 card with Cap1 and within 3 months they became into 10,000. My dad also has good experiance with them just inflating limits. Its the score gurus who want a card to have 10k limit that they never use that get upset with Cap1.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 7 of 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You can say that again. They put me thru boot camp with my first card i eventually closed but boy have they ever made up for that big time.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never saw the issue with Cap One.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't get what I wanted with amex but that's because I haven't had them long. I'm not going to trash talk them because I've had my card less than 6 months. when I first signed up with them I did not do a balance transfer because I did not expect to get approved a few weeks later I called back and wanted to do one and they would not do it for 0 percent anymore. so to compare policies and base your opinion on them it's different than just getting someone on the other end of the phone with attitude
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.