Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 6 month goal: CSP!

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

New 6 month goal: CSP!

While I was being denied by Chase for a checking account (see http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/Turned-down-by-Chase-for-checking-account/td-p/4024... I was in the banker's office looking at the fake credit cards on his desk. 

He had a Freedom, Slate, CSP, and Ink Business on a little display stand. I had read so much about the CSP, but had never felt one. I picked it up off the stand, and immedaitely noticed it was a metal core version. It had a nice heft to it that reminded me of the better quality cards used to have. 

I'd been interested in the CSP before this, because it pairs so nicely with the Freedom for UR Points, but holding the card sold me on it Smiley Happy 

The only thing I don't like about Chase's cards is this trend of putting clear matte overlays on the metallic finishes. They show every single scratch and scrape Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: New 6 month goal: CSP!

@DeeBee78 wrote:

While I was being denied by Chase for a checking account (see http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/Turned-down-by-Chase-for-checking-account/td-p/4024... I was in the banker's office looking at the fake credit cards on his desk. 

He had a Freedom, Slate, CSP, and Ink Business on a little display stand. I had read so much about the CSP, but had never felt one. I picked it up off the stand, and immedaitely noticed it was a metal core version. It had a nice heft to it that reminded me of the better quality cards used to have. 

I'd been interested in the CSP before this, because it pairs so nicely with the Freedom for UR Points, but holding the card sold me on it Smiley Happy 

The only thing I don't like about Chase's cards is this trend of putting clear matte overlays on the metallic finishes. They show every single scratch and scrape Smiley Frustrated

Its a good goal Card. i was initially going to go for it. but i changed my mind as the bonus spend is ridiculous. 4k in 3 months.  no thanks.

Message 2 of 5
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Its a good goal Card. i was initially going to go for it. but i changed my mind as the bonus spend is ridiculous. 4k in 3 months.  no thanks.

It's one of those things that I'd have to plan carefully. I usually only run about $700-$1,000 thorough my cards every month. I'd need to save some money up and figure out what I'd be interested in buying for $4,000. Smiley Happy 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's great to have a goal to look forward. Just make sure you don't incur a $4,000 unnecessary expense just to get a bonus worth about $400.

Message 4 of 5
EdMan63
Established Contributor

The CSP is my goal card. I plan to app for it in the fall. I have a business meeting that I can expense that will probably be about 3k effectively covering the lions share of the 4k spend. After that I can pair it with my Freedom. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.