Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New AMEX BCE Issues

tag
JamP
Valued Contributor

New AMEX BCE Issues

My Amex BCE arrived today, tried to activate it and could not. Locked out my online account.

Called in and talked to a representative and they said the card has something wrong with it but they can activate it and I can use it. I just cannot use any online services.

I asked them to unlock my online account since I have a Amex Everyday card, so they unlocked my online account. I was told to call back in 4 days and request a new card since they cannot give me a new card before then (something about a 10 day rule).

Called back and got another rep and asked to go to a supervisor since I didn't have much time to deal with it earlier

The new rep/supervisor said they had a glitch in the system and all new cards that went out within the last week or so have an issue with the front numbers not being correct.

Amex has some strange things going on.

Just wanted to warn/inform anyone that is having issues with their new card.

So I will call back in 4 days and request a new card to be overnighted.

So much for asking for a 3x cli on activation since the front numbers are wrong/not working.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New AMEX BCE Issues

There was another poster on here a few days ago who had the same problem as you. Sounds like Amex's card printing machine went funky and affected a bunch of people at all once :-)

I don't think it'll be a problem to get your CLI once the new card comes in. I personally like waiting 61 days though!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. That is unexpected. Thanks for the heads up and don't worry, I doubt this will prove to be problamatic to your 3x CLI.

Good luck on that! 

Message 3 of 7
JamP
Valued Contributor

Well they fixed my card which is awesome, didn't have to wait for a new card.

No 3x cli on activation. Oh well atleast the card works now.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

thats strange i called WF and they were having system issues too.

Message 5 of 7
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

AMEX just isn't having a good year.   Sorry to hear about this.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 6 of 7
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

I requested a Dual Interface BCE card, and they sent me a regular EMV card instead. Then when they finally sent me a real dual interface card, it didn't work. Presumably it wouldnt activate since all the numbers, including the expiration date and CVV2 code, were the same on both cards. They were going to fix that or send a new card, but they never did, so a week or so later (early this week) I called them again... supposedly yet another BCE card is in the mail, so hopefully this will get straightened out.

I'll believe it when I see it.

On the bright side, I do have examples of all 4 types of BCE cards now Smiley Wink

1) Regular mag stripe card

2) ExpressPay contactless card

3) EMV card

4) Dual Interface card

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.