Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New AMEX Offers

tag
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

New AMEX Offers

Just an FYI:

Lots of new AMEX offers out there today. 

Buy $200 in AMEX GC, get $10 back (fees are currently waived on purchases)

$250 in Best Buy spend, get $25 back (standard)

$375 at a Hilton, get $75 back (this was on my Surpass!)

and my favorite: spend $300 on ANY airline, get $50 back. In the T&C's of this: it does not prohibit gift card purchases. So if you have this offer and have any travel coming up, I would suggest getting this!

Did anyone else get any good offers?

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New AMEX Offers

@longtime_lurker wrote:

Just an FYI:

and my favorite: spend $300 on ANY airline, get $50 back. In the T&C's of this: it does not prohibit gift card purchases. So if you have this offer and have any travel coming up, I would suggest getting this!

See highlighted this was on my Hilton as well.. Might just have to take a small get-a-way!  Earn what 7x on stay with card..  Great offer IMO if you have a trip coming up!

Message 2 of 23
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

Just an FYI:

See highlighted this was on my Hilton as well.. Might just have to take a small get-a-way!  Earn what 7x on stay with card..  Great offer IMO if you have a trip coming up!

Do you have the no AF Hilton card? Although 12x HHonors points is probably worth on average 7% CB
Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 3 of 23
mikelo22
Established Contributor

I got Spend $5 at Google Play Store, get $5 back.  I like anything that is free! Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

Just an FYI:

Do you have the no AF Hilton card? Although 12x HHonors points is probably worth on average 7% CB

yes the no-af card, athough might cancel this card and PC my delta when it is 12 months (backdating on that one) and move it to the AF HHonors Suprass card.. I am really liking the HHonors card due to the 5x food, points add up quickly for me!  Even though I use my CSP quite a bit for food as well

Message 5 of 23
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

Just an FYI:

yes the no-af card, athough might cancel this card and PC my delta when it is 12 months (backdating on that one) and move it to the AF HHonors Suprass card.. I am really liking the HHonors card due to the 5x food, points add up quickly for me!  Even though I use my CSP quite a bit for food as well

I forgot about the 6x HHonors for resturants...I use my card only for Hilton stays. I get 5% back on fast food w/ Cash + and 2x TYP with Prestige/Premier for resturants and I value 2 TYP > 6 HHonors

Message 6 of 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

Just an FYI:

I forgot about the 6x HHonors for resturants...I use my card only for Hilton stays. I get 5% back on fast food w/ Cash + and 2x TYP with Prestige/Premier for resturants and I value 2 TYP > 6 HHonors

Ya kinda value UR's more then HHonors, although it is a nice option..  I spend about 600 last statement on HHonors and got close to 3k points I believe.. Not bad as most was food, but guessing UR's are worth more when transferred..  Was just going for the bonus since I just opened to account, but was surprised how fast they accumulated as I spend alot on out to eat food/bars and that 600 was only a portion of my out to eat food/drinks bill per month, another 1200+ goes on my CSP for eating/drinking..  So can see how it would add up quickly if you want rooms stricky at Hiltons properties.

Message 7 of 23
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

Just an FYI:

Ya kinda value UR's more then HHonors, although it is a nice option..  I spend about 600 last statement on HHonors and got close to 3k points I believe.. Not bad as most was food, but guessing UR's are worth more when transferred..  Was just going for the bonus since I just opened to account, but was surprised how fast they accumulated as I spend alot on out to eat food/bars and that 600 was only a portion of my out to eat food/drinks bill per month, another 1200+ goes on my CSP for eating/drinking..  So can see how it would add up quickly if you want rooms stricky at Hiltons properties.

Yes, and if you're travelling at offpeak times or can find sweetspots in the award chart that work for you, then you can increase the value of them even further. It really depends on what you're looking to do and what kind of work you're willing to put in!

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cant wait to get my own AMEX card. i'm an authorized user but its not the same! i want my own

Message 9 of 23
yfan
Valued Contributor

I don't have the $300 - $50 flight offer but I do have an Amex Travel hotel offer that is spend $600 get $100 back.

I also have a Chili's spend $30 get $10 offer, 20% off a Sixt rental, free night plus $25 resort credit at Fairmont, and all the other offers OP mentioned.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.