Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New AMEX Zync card Rumor or Fact ??

tag
alvon123
Super Contributor

New AMEX Zync card Rumor or Fact ??

There are rumors that Amex would be updating or releasing a new Amex Zync card on Oct 31 or perhaps later this year, is this just a rumor? can't seem to find any more info on google. If Amex did release the new Zync this year i wonder if the annual fee would be increased from previous years .

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New AMEX Zync card Rumor or Fact ??

@alvon123 wrote:
There are rumors that Amex would be updating or releasing a new Amex Zync card on Oct 31 or perhaps later this year, is this just a rumor? can't seem to find any more info on google. If Amex did release the new Zync this year i wonder if the annual fee would be increased from previous years .

That's actually the most specific date I've heard in the rumor mill.  The only rumor I've heard is that it's coming back.  Everything is still speculative and there's lots of FOAF type sourcing to the info. 

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 2 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Rumor.

It's fair to say that Amex is assuredly looking at other options for trying to reach the younger generations.   The average customer age for Amex is probably increasing near linearly with the calendar, and they have to widen their demographic reach.

Zync was an attempt along those lines, it wouldn't suprise me at all if they release a similar or even a revamped Zync along the same lines but marketed and positioned slightly differently.  Personally I'd be fine if they went back to the old one hah, still my favorite card and in my current holding pattern I'm really missing the rewards categories it had.

        
Message 3 of 7
JustWill
Valued Member

I definitely miss the perks, and have been holding off on apping for a replacement from Amex (and also a little worried about rejection...).

Message 4 of 7
sjt
Senior Contributor

I hope they bring the card back!

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 5 of 7
Networth
Frequent Contributor

I may get one if they do, I was looking at getting a charge card at some point anyway and than could PC the Zync to a Gold or Platinum later. Hope it comes back. Don't want the AF of the gold or plat at the moment.

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 6 of 7
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@sjt wrote:

I hope they bring the card back!

+1. Me too! Someone should start a social media campaign. Smiley LOL

Bring back the Zync! Bring back the Zync! Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.