Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**New AMEX apps - APPROVED!**

tag
CHARGE
Valued Member

**New AMEX apps - APPROVED!**

Got an email this morning with the "We are pleased to approve your application for the TrueEarnings Card from Costco, blah blah"  Your card will arrive in the mail in 7 to 10 days.  I called to see if they could rush delivery since I will be traveling much of this week and they stated it is the only of their cards they cannot rush because of the picture on the back.  I'll live since I have more cards to use but just will be nice to get.  So exciting.  Haven't apped in quite a while and the approved "high" is certainly nice.  I'd kind of forgotten how nice that was...  Now I'm off to edit my FICO signature ...

Happy New Year everyone!

Just wondering how many of you were waiting until January to pull the trigger on an AMEX app in order to get that extra backdating? 

I apped yesterday (1/1/11) shortly after midnight for the Costco True Earnings card.  It was online and I got the "If your application is approved you'll receive the card in 14 days" message.  I remember reading on here that they have to verify your Costco membership before approval if online so I am (im)patiently waiting.  No hard pulls yet on any CB so maybe the AMEX new card membership department was closed for the holidays?? 

I'm very interested to see what my score will do once this new TL appears on my CBs.  It will move my oldest account age to exactly 20 years so I'm interested to see whether I'll see a new score bucket and if so, will it rise or fall.

HTSU, I know you were talking about this same card a bit ago.  Did you pull the trigger yet?  Anyone else apped yet for the new year? 

I know it's sad when the most exciting thing I did to celebrate the new year was app for a new credit card.  Smiley Very Happy

Thanks

TU: 789 - 06/06/2011 | EQ: 790 - 06/29/2011 | EX: 803 - 02/10/2009

What's in my wallet?
Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, Citi Costco, Blue Cash Everyday from American Express, BMW Financial Services Visa, Citi Double Cash, Discover More, Delta Community Credit Union Platinum Rewards Visa ....
Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: New AMEX apps

lol, I'm still dithering about actually joining Costco, period. Smiley Very Happy

Hope it goes well!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 60
CHARGE
Valued Member

Oh come on Hauling!!!  You're the one that got me thinking about the card in the first place!  I just joined Costco last week and then I waited (Thanks to your ever knowledgeable suggestion) until January to apply with AMEX.  Peer pressure ... Peer pressure ... Peer pressure ... You must apply!  I've been lurking on this forum long enough.  My new year's resolution is to start posting here ... lots.  Smiley Wink

What's in my wallet?
Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, Citi Costco, Blue Cash Everyday from American Express, BMW Financial Services Visa, Citi Double Cash, Discover More, Delta Community Credit Union Platinum Rewards Visa ....
Message 3 of 60
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Aaargh, now I'll have to drag myself off to Costco, I guess. I've never been in one, so it could be an educational experience...

Why couldn't my town have had one when I had three kids eating 24/7 ???

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

HTSC Do u like steak? If u do Costco has prime steak and that's one of the reasons I love it. Their cakes are fantastic and inexpensive if u r throwing a party, we just did our sons's and it was huge for only $16.99 compared to others. You buy in bulks but you save time and money. If that doesn't draw ya, think of the juicy mega hotdogs and delicious pizza on the way out lol
Message 5 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Aaargh, now I'll have to drag myself off to Costco, I guess. I've never been in one, so it could be an educational experience...

Why couldn't my town have had one when I had three kids eating 24/7 ???

Do it!!! Do it!!!  Do it!!!  Smiley Wink

I just bought the Keurig coffee maker there today, and I love it!!! I think you'll be surprised to find out how many interesting things you can buy there. I'm a single girl with a roommate and very little space and I find myself shopping there quite a bit anyway. 

Message 6 of 60
CHARGE
Valued Member

So I was no longer patient as my application was not showing up online.  I called AMEX and they stated that they send the information to Costco who can take up to a week to verify membership.  Ugh.  I knew I should have done it in person at Costco...  Everyone who is debating this I would recommend doing it in store.  HTSU ... you can do it when you are there today getting your new membership.  Smiley Very Happy

What's in my wallet?
Message 7 of 60
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I want the Costco Business card SO BAD.. 4% gas, 3% restaurant (that covers about all my spending in a month!  I just wish Costco would let people PC into it, or maybe it is Amex that won't let you, but they seem to say it has something to do with the contract with the company...

Chase says this about some of it's partner cards and PC out of them (I have speedway and they say you can't PC to anything from that)

Message 8 of 60
shiftomnimega
Regular Contributor

I already have Clear and Blue Cash.  I was checking their offers on the website and apparently I'm preapproved for Zync, Green, and Platinum.  

I'm not Balling enough for a Platinum, nor do I travel enough to make it worthwhile.  I'm still tempted to offset the app spree I went on this year.  My AAoA is less than 3 years old now.  Heh.  Just hold the charge card long enough until my new cards grow up.  That's probably too much micromanagement, but it's an idea.

Message 9 of 60
CHARGE
Valued Member

Re: **New AMEX apps - APPROVED!**

What's in my wallet?
Message 10 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.