Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Accounts

Hello, I'm planning to have an app spree ...

However, I currently have 5 new accounts that's <= 6 months. If I choose like 4 of these new accounts, would it increase my chances of being approved for my next credit card?

Would the AAoA increase?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New Accounts

@Anonymous wrote:

However, I currently have 5 new accounts that's <= 6 months. If I choose like 4 of these new accounts, would it increase my chances of being approved for my next credit card?

Would the AAoA increase?

AAoA decreases with each new account opened.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Would the AAoA increase?

I don't really understand your question but your AAoA will decrease with new accounts.  So are you applying for 4 new accounts making your accounts 9?  What kind of cards /account do you have now?  Why are you looking to add 4 new accounts?

Message 3 of 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@yesi-ts-me wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Would the AAoA increase?

I don't really understand your question but your AAoA will decrease with new accounts.  So are you applying for 4 new accounts making your accounts 9?  What kind of cards /account do you have now?  Why are you looking to add 4 new accounts?

I assume "choose: like 4 of these accounts" is "close like 4 of these accounts".   Closing them won't hide the inquiry for getting them, and AAoA counts both closed and open, so closing has no effect.   And, as said above, each new account, except for cards that backdate enough, will decrease AAoA.

So closing probably won't help, unless you have too many cards from one issuer and they won't give you a new one unless you close.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.