Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Achievement Card

tag
Desmoire
Regular Contributor

New Achievement Card

Good Morning everyone! I haven't toured these forums in over a year, it's cool to be back! It's been a busy year for me. My wife and I got married and now we are expecting our first baby next month! But enough about me, on to my question. Smiley Happy After getting married I had to utilize my cards a bit but now I'm doing good and I am getting credit card enthusiast fever. What would be the next difficult card to be approved for? My last 2 apps were in Feb and March of last year, and I snagged BCE and CSP. Both of those were huge milestones for me, I am curious to see if there are any similar milestone cards these days. Thanks and continue being awesome!

myFICO Scores EQ 778 TU 783 EX 772 | Mortgage 106774.00 | Auto Loan 15251.00 | AMEX BCE 0/25500 | Lowes 0/6300 | Barclay Rewards 0/5000 | NASA FCU 0/5000 | FNBO 0/4400 | Amazon 0/4000 | FNBO Employee 283/2900 | NFM 0/2600 | Chase Freedom 0/2500 | Best Buy 0/2300 | Cap One 0/2250 | FNBO 0/1100 | NASA FCU Rewards 0/1000 | Quicksilver 0/750 | Younkers 0/500 TOTAL: 283/74,450 0.003% UTIL
17 REPLIES 17
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: New Milestone Card

I don't really have any advice regarding milestone card suggestions.  But congrats on the marriage and baby very exciting.

I don't know about milestone but Discover is nice with the double cashback the first year...if you don't already have one that is...

Message 2 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on getting married and 1st babby. Many blessings. Not sure where else to guide you as we basically know nothing about your profile .

I also thought, and probably some other skimmers, tht your post is in regards to a Milestone credit card which to me is a rebuilder card on par with the Credit Ones and First Premier. Its quite possible this is another reason you may not be getting any responses.

Id give a little about yout scores and profile and what you are really looking for. Perhaps change your title to something like suggestions on getting new credit card or something like that. Remember most people want to help but i also find alot just skim titles on what interest them. Good luck Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't get a Milestone Visa. They're a terrible company and th...

Oh, you weren't talking about THAT card, just a card that represents a milestone. Got it.

As the previous commenter said, the title is going to make many pass on the thread.

Regarding your question, there's no need to push for prestige or symbolism in your life. Much more important things happening, so I'd recommend getting something useful. Looks like you have good cash rewards. Do you travel and need a good hotel card? Maybe a BT card with 0%? Some variety perhaps, with Discover?

Enjoy the wife and baby. Get a card that will help with that goal.

Message 4 of 18
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Get a PenFed card. Low APR if you qualify. No cash advance charges. Multiple products available for the growing family. And, 1 EQ HP!

Plus start using a budget. Putting away even $25 a month starting now will be at least some money for college or a car when they eventually need it.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats on getting married and 1st babby. Many blessings. Not sure where else to guide you as we basically know nothing about your profile .

I also thought, and probably some other skimmers, tht your post is in regards to a Milestone credit card which to me is a rebuilder card on par with the Credit Ones and First Premier. Its quite possible this is another reason you may not be getting any responses.

Id give a little about yout scores and profile and what you are really looking for. Perhaps change your title to something like suggestions on getting new credit card or something like that. Remember most people want to help but i also find alot just skim titles on what interest them. Good luck Smiley Happy

Me to AJC.  I was logging on to say nooo. Don't do it.  Milestone card bad. lol

Message 6 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, its bad enough when you are searching credit cards or you log off ecperian or tu or something and they always have all those cards you could apply for. MILESTONE , no thanks ill take my Fingerhut and glove the houseSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 18
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

I think you guys are misunderstanding the use of the word "Milestone". OP is talking about his next great card, the next milestone in his journey, not getting a card with the subprimbe bank, Milestone. Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol DeeBee, that was the pointSmiley Wink. I actually pointed this out to OPSmiley Wink. Its just i guess we are running with it until Op responds so we can help op out. Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your many milestones! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.