Legendary Contributor

Re: New Milestone Card

Touche!Smiley Wink
Message 11 of 18
Desmoire
Regular Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol DeeBee, that was the pointSmiley Wink. I actually pointed this out to OPSmiley Wink. Its just i guess we are running with it until Op responds so we can help op out. Smiley Happy

Sorry for the delay, work was super busy and I am finally getting back to my post. Honestly I had no idea there was a subprime bank lending a card with the name "Milestone." Lol. I have updated the subject line to "Achievement." Hopefully there isnt a card out there with that title lol. 

myFICO Scores EQ 778 TU 783 EX 772 | Mortgage 106774.00 | Auto Loan 15251.00 | AMEX BCE 0/25500 | Lowes 0/6300 | Barclay Rewards 0/5000 | NASA FCU 0/5000 | FNBO 0/4400 | Amazon 0/4000 | FNBO Employee 283/2900 | NFM 0/2600 | Chase Freedom 0/2500 | Best Buy 0/2300 | Cap One 0/2250 | FNBO 0/1100 | NASA FCU Rewards 0/1000 | Quicksilver 0/750 | Younkers 0/500 TOTAL: 283/74,450 0.003% UTIL
Message 12 of 18
Desmoire
Regular Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats on getting married and 1st babby. Many blessings. Not sure where else to guide you as we basically know nothing about your profile .

I also thought, and probably some other skimmers, tht your post is in regards to a Milestone credit card which to me is a rebuilder card on par with the Credit Ones and First Premier. Its quite possible this is another reason you may not be getting any responses.

Id give a little about yout scores and profile and what you are really looking for. Perhaps change your title to something like suggestions on getting new credit card or something like that. Remember most people want to help but i also find alot just skim titles on what interest them. Good luck Smiley Happy

Thank you. Smiley Happy

FICO for all scores hover around 760-780 depending on the CA. I have a Mortgage, two car loans with my wife as co-borrower, and about 40,000ish available credit, with $1600 on one card (leftover debt from the wedding.) That specific card is BCE with 15k limit so utilization is good. 

myFICO Scores EQ 778 TU 783 EX 772 | Mortgage 106774.00 | Auto Loan 15251.00 | AMEX BCE 0/25500 | Lowes 0/6300 | Barclay Rewards 0/5000 | NASA FCU 0/5000 | FNBO 0/4400 | Amazon 0/4000 | FNBO Employee 283/2900 | NFM 0/2600 | Chase Freedom 0/2500 | Best Buy 0/2300 | Cap One 0/2250 | FNBO 0/1100 | NASA FCU Rewards 0/1000 | Quicksilver 0/750 | Younkers 0/500 TOTAL: 283/74,450 0.003% UTIL
Message 13 of 18
Desmoire
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't get a Milestone Visa. They're a terrible company and th...

Oh, you weren't talking about THAT card, just a card that represents a milestone. Got it.

As the previous commenter said, the title is going to make many pass on the thread.

Regarding your question, there's no need to push for prestige or symbolism in your life. Much more important things happening, so I'd recommend getting something useful. Looks like you have good cash rewards. Do you travel and need a good hotel card? Maybe a BT card with 0%? Some variety perhaps, with Discover?

Enjoy the wife and baby. Get a card that will help with that goal.

Thank you very much! And yes all of your points are extremely logical. A little backstory from me, I crawled out of a 520 fico score across the board 4 years ago. I am still pretty young (29) so I am sure this desire will eventually fade, but each time I get approved for a prime bank high limit card it gives me this good feeling like, "you deserve this, you've proven you are a responsible adult and now here is your reward." I know it's dumb to some but to me it's pure glory. 

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Achievement Card

@Desmoire wrote:

Good Morning everyone! I haven't toured these forums in over a year, it's cool to be back! It's been a busy year for me. My wife and I got married and now we are expecting our first baby next month! But enough about me, on to my question. Smiley Happy After getting married I had to utilize my cards a bit but now I'm doing good and I am getting credit card enthusiast fever. What would be the next difficult card to be approved for? My last 2 apps were in Feb and March of last year, and I snagged BCE and CSP. Both of those were huge milestones for me, I am curious to see if there are any similar milestone cards these days. Thanks and continue being awesome!

Congratulations on the little one on the way! When my son and daughter were born, I wish I had decent credit to be able to get a card with a good 0% intro APR for all of the things I had to buy. Smiley Wink Citi Simplicity or Diamond Preferred are definitely not milestone cards but offer 0% for 21 months. Might come in handy. BOA has their BankAmericard and BBR options with 18 and 12 months of 0% APR. All have no annual fee. To each their own and I wish you luck in your journey as a parent and a responsible user of credit. Cheers!

Message 15 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks for updating DesmoireSmiley Happy. Must admit i did a double take when i saw New Achievement cardSmiley Happy i was like cool whats this, so ill say it worked hahaSmiley Happy. Looks like youve come along way so congrats on that and never feel bad for feelimg like you accomplished something credit wise. Its always nice getting something you couldnt get. I cant wait til i go for my next car and get it at the best terms unlike my first time. Ill know it was through good credit habits and hard work.

Your scores look fantastic . Main question now is what kind of card are you looking for. Do you want a rewards card, travel, low apr ? Looking for 0% intro or perhaps high credit limit possibilty? Once you list what you need or like to have im sure the suggestions will flow like a river of wineSmiley Wink Your scores and your credit profile should open alot of doors only question is which one to openSmiley Wink
Message 16 of 18
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats

Message 17 of 18
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

With your scored, I would look into the Chase Sapphire Reserve. It's a great card if your travel worth great benefits. You already have the CSP, so the CSR may be a good fit for you. 

Also, life others have said, Discover id's offering double your cash back promo, so there's a good chunk of change to be made. 

Congrats on your new bride, and brew bundle of joy! Many blessings surely coming your way. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.