Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Ally CashBack Credit Card

tag
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

New Ally CashBack Credit Card

I bank with Ally and saw this on their site today: https://www.ally.com/bank/cash-back-credit-card/

Seems like the extra bonus is decent if you bank with them but it's still not that amazing. The card is issued by TD Bank, which I find interesting.

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: New Ally CashBack Credit Card

Interesting if you have a deposit account. I used to keep my EF there. But, moved it to Alliant since their share savings had same rate. I still have a few coins at Ally. That 10% cashback looks pretty sweet!
Message 2 of 31
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Well, that makes it 2.2% on gas/groceries and 1.1% on everything else, if you deposit in Ally, so not very compelling at all IMO as many cards are better

Message 3 of 31
kdm31091
Super Contributor

The 10 percent bonus seems basically meaningless because it still doesn't make the earn rates competitive or attractive IMO.
Message 4 of 31
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

This want take off... Only good for those with Ally account.

Message 5 of 31
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

This want take off... Only good for those with Ally account.

And not very good for them

Message 6 of 31
baller4life
Super Contributor

My math is off this morning. Need coffee!
Message 7 of 31
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

************************************CASTING CALL*****************************************

calling all GP's !!!! GP's needed ... We're looking for files from all walks of life .

offering $100 if approved

quick app process .......

Message 8 of 31
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Lol.. I wondered why they never offered cards. I still bank with them. Even though they aren't my go to anymore.
Message 9 of 31
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

[ if approved for an Ally CashBack Credit Card, you may receive a credit card account (an "Account") with a minimum credit line of $500 or more. If you apply and are approved, you will receive either a Signature Visa card if your approved account credit limit is $5,000 or greater or a Platinum Visa card if your approved account credit limit is less than $5,000. Both Signature and Platinum cards have the same terms and conditions, however the Signature card comes with added Visa Signature benefits such as complimentary 24/7 concierge, access to exclusive events, special shopping perks and more. ]

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.