cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New American Express credit card (confirmed Amex EveryDay Card)

tag
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

New American Express credit card (confirmed Amex EveryDay Card)

Just caught a newsworthy item on Facebook of all places. Gary Leff - a points and miles travel blogger who's been all over the news talking about the Delta changes this week just commented on a Facebook post link: "@Larry Smith there's a couple of new American Express cards launching very soon that look really compelling. They'll be better cards for earning Delta miles than the one you have, and have more flexibility to transfer points to other programs too."

He is Gary Leff on Facebook. I won't link the post here due to whatever but it's a pretty solid tip from him that is as reliable as many of his past posts. 

Anyone else hearing rumors? 

Mods fell free to move as needed. I know this is speculation but it's about a new amex card to two...

Message 1 of 215
214 REPLIES 214
icetrap06
Regular Contributor

Re: New American Express credit card?

Yeah, I just saw the post about this one for frequent spenders.

http://techcrunch.com/2014/03/01/amex-debuts-its-most-mobile-integrated-rewards-focused-credit-card/

NFCU cashRewards (22k) | Discover IT (8k) | AMEX EveryDay (5k) | AMEX Delta Gold (5k) | CSP (5k) | Marriott Rewards Premier (5k) | Citi Hilton Reserve(5k) | AMEX SPG (2k)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scores: EQ - 670 | TU- 742 | EX - 691
Message 2 of 215
Ron1
Super Contributor

New Amex Everyday will be available in April!!!!!

AmEx has offered a number of different cards to consumers: The Blue Card appeals to those who like cash back options and the Platinum card is specialized for consumers who travel. There’s even a Black Card for high net-worth individuals. Today, the company is debuting a brand new rewards-focused credit card, called Everyday, aimed at the consumer who uses AmEx for most of the everyday purchases.

The card itself doesn’t have a yearly fee, and allows for a revolving balance. Users will get double reward points at supermarkets, and if a Everyday card member uses the card for 20 purchases or more in a given month, AmEx will boost the consumer’s bonus points by 20 percent.

The card will be available for consumers to apply by April 2, 2014, and will also contain an EMV chip.

new_amex_card_-_leenakrao_gmail-com_-_gmail.png

link:

http://techcrunch.com/2014/03/01/amex-debuts-its-most-mobile-integrated-rewards-focused-credit-card/

Ron.

Message 3 of 215
enharu
Super Contributor

More details here: http://thepointsguy.com/2014/03/american-express-introduces-new-everyday-cards-with-20-50-bonuses-an...
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 215
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

Re: New Amex Everyday will be available in April!!!!!

@Ron1 wrote:

AmEx has offered a number of different cards to consumers: The Blue Card appeals to those who like cash back options and the Platinum card is specialized for consumers who travel. There’s even a Black Card for high net-worth individuals. Today, the company is debuting a brand new rewards-focused credit card, called Everyday, aimed at the consumer who uses AmEx for most of the everyday purchases.

The card itself doesn’t have a yearly fee, and allows for a revolving balance. Users will get double reward points at supermarkets, and if a Everyday card member uses the card for 20 purchases or more in a given month, AmEx will boost the consumer’s bonus points by 20 percent.

The card will be available for consumers to apply by April 2, 2014, and will also contain an EMV chip.

link:

Ron.

BUT.... BUT.... BUT.....  I'm not supposed to be APPING!!!!!!  It might have to go on the short list of things I want after the Util is 1% and I have a mortgage Smiley Happy  My score is kind of FUBAR right now because of new accts and Util Smiley Sad

Thanks for sharing Smiley Happy

NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 5 of 215
enharu
Super Contributor

Just in case the site isn't loading or loading slow:

EveryDay Credit Card (No Annual Fee)

Sign-up bonus: 10,000 points when you spend $1,000 in 90 days
Earning: Earn 2x Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (not including warehouse stores like Costco), on up to $6,000 per year on purchases (then 1x); and 1x points on all other purchases.
Spending Bonus: Use the Card to make 20 or more purchases in a billing period and earn 20% extra points on all those purchases less returns and credits.
App: A digital counter in the Amex Mobile app helps keep track of each qualifying purchase for the bonus, so Card Members always know when they’re close to earning 20% extra Membership Rewards points.
Other features: The Card will also come with smart chip technology and a 0% introductory rate on purchases and balance transfers for the first 15 months.
EveryDay Preferred Credit Card ($95 annual fee)

Sign-up bonus: 15,000 points when you spend $1,000 in 90 days
Earning: Earn 3x Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (not including warehouse stores like Costco), on up to $6,000 per year on purchases (then 1x); 2x on US standalone gas stations; and 1x points on all other purchases.
Spending Bonus: Use the Card to make 30 or more purchases in a billing period and earn 50% extra points on all those purchases less returns and credits.
App: A digital counter in the Amex Mobile app helps keep track of each qualifying purchase for the bonus, so Card Members always know when they’re close to earning 50% extra Membership Rewards points.
Other features: The Card will also come with smart chip technology and a 0% introductory rate on purchases and balance transfers for the first 15 months.
Annual fee: $95
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 215
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

link:

Ron.

Not sure that's really a good deal though

Message 7 of 215
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

link:

Ron.

Not sure that's really a good deal though

It was like Blue from American Express with smart chip about 10 years ago.  Remember that one?

Ron.

Message 8 of 215
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Well it sounds good but since I've just gotten my cards I'm not up on all the benefits yet.

But there are more than enough ppl here that will give their analysis, so I'll just wait on the various viewpoints to post Smiley Wink

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 9 of 215
Ron1
Super Contributor

@sailor_mercury wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

link:

Ron.

BUT.... BUT.... BUT.....  I'm not supposed to be APPING!!!!!!  It might have to go on the short list of things I want after the Util is 1% and I have a mortgage Smiley Happy  My score is kind of FUBAR right now because of new accts and Util Smiley Sad

Thanks for sharing Smiley Happy

I don't know they will let us to pc. Smiley Happy I like my Blue Cash Everyday with EMV.  I haven't used EMV since I got it.

Ron.

Message 10 of 215
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.