cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New American Express credit card (confirmed Amex EveryDay Card)

tag
Hockeyplayrr
Frequent Contributor

Re: New American Express credit card?

I hope they let us pc from other revolvers to this.  I would love to switch over my BCE and cancel my prg once this card comes out.  Now that I have the sallie mae card my bce is pretty much useless.

Credit Scores: Equifax - 744 (Oct FICO) | Experian 736(Oct Fico) | Transunion - 755(Oct Fico)

Credit Lines: Diners Club 20k | Penfed Plat Rewards 7k | SDFCU 5k | Amex BCE - 10.5k | Chase Freedom 4.5k | CSP - 10.6k | Discover IT - 9k | Sallie Mae 3.8k | BofA 123 - 4.9k | CITI Double Cash 9.1k | Total Rewards 3.25k
Message 121 of 215
VegasKyle
Regular Contributor

@Hockeyplayrr wrote:

I hope they let us pc from other revolvers to this.  I would love to switch over my BCE and cancel my prg once this card comes out.  Now that I have the sallie mae card my bce is pretty much useless.

According to tornadoguy: 

"Just spoke to AMEX customer service on another matter and enquired about this product changing to this card - apparently they will only take NEW applications for this card, asked about product changing my BCE over to either when it was released and the representative investigated and came back with that response."

Bummer if this is the case, I would PC my Delta Gold to the everyday if they let me, April will be month 13 for the Delta and I could avoid the AF. On the plus side the 10k MR points would be nice off a new app.  

Starting Score: EQ 599, TU 577
Current Score: EQ 703 9/20/14(HI 741 on 5/13), TU 690 10/1/14 (HI 751 on 5/13), EX 700 10/1/14
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 122 of 215
Hockeyplayrr
Frequent Contributor

I saw that after I posted about converting my card.  I decided to contact an amex representative as well and was told that I could upgrade my card to the new one from my BCE as long as I have had the card for at least a year.

Credit Scores: Equifax - 744 (Oct FICO) | Experian 736(Oct Fico) | Transunion - 755(Oct Fico)

Credit Lines: Diners Club 20k | Penfed Plat Rewards 7k | SDFCU 5k | Amex BCE - 10.5k | Chase Freedom 4.5k | CSP - 10.6k | Discover IT - 9k | Sallie Mae 3.8k | BofA 123 - 4.9k | CITI Double Cash 9.1k | Total Rewards 3.25k
Message 123 of 215
VegasKyle
Regular Contributor

Nice. Thats what I expected the answer would be, I know what I'll be doing April 2nd.  Far as I can tell the new everyday beats the Delta on everything except the free checked bag and priority boarding. 

Current Score: EQ 703 9/20/14(HI 741 on 5/13), TU 690 10/1/14 (HI 751 on 5/13), EX 700 10/1/14

Message 124 of 215
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Hockeyplayrr wrote:

I saw that after I posted about converting my card.  I decided to contact an amex representative as well and was told that I could upgrade my card to the new one from my BCE as long as I have had the card for at least a year.

Yes, with the card not yet available, I wouldn't trust info from CSRs, or at least the info I don't like (such as you cannot PC)!

Message 125 of 215
enharu
Super Contributor

hmmm.

not sure if i should ask for my CLI (available in a few days), or to wait to apply for this card.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 126 of 215
newUser0
Established Contributor

Enharu, You got approved for Palladium? Where is your thread about this?Smiley Tongue

Message 127 of 215
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

@enharu wrote:

hmmm.

not sure if i should ask for my CLI (available in a few days), or to wait to apply for this card.

I am going to wait to find out more details - we have a full month to absorb the info and the hype before we can actually apply for the card.

I am sure that this thread is going to grow to gigantic proportions between now and then, so we are sure to know everything by the time the card officially launches.

From what I've read so far, it looks like the BCP is still the better fit for me (in fact, I was just about to apply for it, when the news of this new product was announced) - but we'll see what other forum members conclude as they compare the benefits in the days ahead.

Message 128 of 215
VegasKyle
Regular Contributor

@NonSufficientFunds wrote:

@enharu wrote:

hmmm.

I am going to wait to find out more details - we have a full month to absorb the info and the hype before we can actually apply for the card.

I am sure that this thread is going to grow to gigantic proportions between now and then, so we are sure to know everything by the time the card officially launches.

From what I've read so far, it looks like the BCP is still the better fit for me (in fact, I was just about to apply for it, when the news of this new product was announced) - but we'll see what other forum members conclude as they compare the benefits in the days ahead.

I think its going to come down to MR points or Cash Back, the more you value the MR points the better deal its going to be.  

Until the ED card comes out there is no way to access the MR program without an AF card of some kind.  Look at the Green Charge Card; the only benefit that card offers is the easier UR criteria associated with the charge cards (no idea what the UR criteria for the ED or ED Preferred will be, but it looks like the target market would suggest something comparable to the Delta Gold or BCE) and the NPSL feature.  Given the choice of the two I think most people would opt for the ED card over the Green Card.  

For me the ED card can basically replace my Green Charge ($95 AF) and Delta Gold Credit Card ($95 AF).  Free checked bag, priority boarding, and 2x miles on Delta purchases (1.2x MR points is going to be close) are the only things I'd be giving up by moving to the ED card and saving $190.  Not a bad trade off. 

Message 129 of 215
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

@VegasKyle wrote:

@NonSufficientFunds wrote:

@enharu wrote:

hmmm.

I think its going to come down to MR points or Cash Back, the more you value the MR points the better deal its going to be.  

Until the ED card comes out there is no way to access the MR program without an AF card of some kind.  Look at the Green Charge Card; the only benefit that card offers is the easier UR criteria associated with the charge cards (no idea what the UR criteria for the ED or ED Preferred will be, but it looks like the target market would suggest something comparable to the Delta Gold or BCE) and the NPSL feature.  Given the choice of the two I think most people would opt for the ED card over the Green Card.  

For me the ED card can basically replace my Green Charge ($95 AF) and Delta Gold Credit Card ($95 AF).  Free checked bag, priority boarding, and 2x miles on Delta purchases (1.2x MR points is going to be close) are the only things I'd be giving up by moving to the ED card and saving $190.  Not a bad trade off. 

Wow - I think you're the first person to actually give the new card a nickname "The ED Card" !!

It just might catch on in these forums (like the BCE/BCP, CSP, etc).  Congratulations !! Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Since it offers Milage Rewards, let's just refer to it as: "Mr.Ed" Smiley LOL

Message 130 of 215
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.