cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New American Express credit card (confirmed Amex EveryDay Card)

tag
L-TWT
Established Contributor

Re: NEW Amex EveryDay Credit Card

I'm told this new Amex Everyday card will be offered in two levels: Basic & Preferred ($95 AF)

and both will offer full MR not MRE

so how does Amex justify charging between $95-450 for their charge cards?

Message 151 of 215
Open123
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

Tried calling Amex today about a PC. 

Was told it's not possible. Only way to get it for now is to apply in April.

Not too sure if I really want a new account though on top of everything that I recently got. Maybe I'll just wait till October.

Likewise, if I can't PC, then not sure if 15K MR is worth an inquiry.  May just wait for the customary Jan 2015 app.

Message 152 of 215
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Tried calling Amex today about a PC. 

Was told it's not possible. Only way to get it for now is to apply in April.

Not too sure if I really want a new account though on top of everything that I recently got. Maybe I'll just wait till October.

Likewise, if I can't PC, then not sure if 15K MR is worth an inquiry.  May just wait for the customary Jan 2015 app.

And even then, depends on how much non-catefory spending you have.   The difference between 1 and 1.5 MR might not be big enough to justify a new inq AND a $95 fee.  (And if it is, you don't have enough categories covered!)

Message 153 of 215
Jayb5635
Established Contributor

Re: New American Express credit card (confirmed Amex EveryDay Card)

It's possible the representative was misinformed. Someone earlier in this thread was told they could.

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex Everyday Preferred $15,000, Amex Starwood $10,000, Chase Freedom Visa Signature $10,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15,000, Chase Ink Plus Visa Signature $5000 Barclaycard Arrival Plus MasterCard World Elite $10,000, Cap One Quicksilver MasterCard $6000, Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard $10,000, Citi Forward Visa $6900, Citi Premier World Elite MasterCard $5,800, Discover IT $8500
Message 154 of 215
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Well, I'm hoping that we will be able to PC to this, because I don't mind having it in my arsenal if I can get rid of the travesty that was the Delta amex app. LOL If not, no big deal.. I'll just close the Delta and move the CL to other card.

Message 155 of 215
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

On the Amex community site:  the main Amex contact said:

Good morning. Regrets, you will not be able to product change your existing Card. You will have to apply for the new Card.

So I think that is the latest "official" word

Message 156 of 215
JonStur
Established Contributor

Looks interesting but I think I'll pass on it...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 157 of 215
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

American Express EveryDay...coming soon!

Looks purdy.....full MR points, revolving, no annual fee...I'll Take IT!

Creditaddict...wanna be the first to app when it comes out? LOL.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 158 of 215
heyitsyeh
Frequent Contributor

Re: American Express EveryDay...coming soon!

Hmm...tempted to switch from PRG to this once my annual fee is about to kick in.

TU: 777 | EQ: 814 | EX: 764
Last INQ: 3/26/21
AAoA: 4y 7m
Lowest limit: Chase Freedom Visa - $13,000
Highest limit: Discover It - $56,500
Available credit: $200,600 (8 cards)
Message 159 of 215
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Re: American Express EveryDay...coming soon!

@injustifiiable wrote:

Looks purdy.....full MR points, revolving, no annual fee...I'll Take IT!

Creditaddict...wanna be the first to app when it comes out? LOL.

LOL! Very purdy!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 160 of 215
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.