cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New American Express credit card (confirmed Amex EveryDay Card)

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: New American Express credit card (confirmed Amex EveryDay Card)

I skimmed through the thread but didn't see what kind of credit criteria is needed to obtain this card. Any idea?

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 181 of 215
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Amex Everyday will be available in April!!!!!

i have a question and wasn't sure where in the forum to ask but you had many posts i figured why not start here. With the American Express Everyday Card if i were to use it for a precedure lets say $4,000 facelift and used it everyday to buy my metro cards and accomulate over 20 transactions by the end of the month will i get 20% off on my facelift ? Smiley Very Happy  

Message 182 of 215
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i have a question and wasn't sure where in the forum to ask but you had many posts i figured why not start here. With the American Express Everyday Card if i were to use it for a precedure lets say $4,000 facelift and used it everyday to buy my metro cards and accomulate over 20 transactions by the end of the month will i get 20% off on my facelift ? Smiley Very Happy  

Yes.  (Well, you would get 4,800MR to redeem as you please).   The rule is that once you get 20 (or 30 for EDP) you get the bonus on all the transactions that month, not just those after you reach the threshold

Message 183 of 215
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes.  (Well, you would get 4,800MR to redeem as you please).   The rule is that once you get 20 (or 30 for EDP) you get the bonus on all the transactions that month, not just those after you reach the threshold

why is anyone doing this ? i mean that's like $400 cash back !!! eventhough it may be only a 1 time thing. Even just once a year reaching 20 or 30 transactions in one month still worth it i think if that is the case as long my cosmetic or any precedures are under 20 transactions if that's what you're telling me. Im just afriad if i blew a big transaction they may freeze the card lol like they've done on my Gold card because i used the blue cash making a paypal purchase which i find that they HATE you doing using american express with Paypal. So maybe i should wait until the 3x rule before blowing it on a huge transaction. Smiley Very Happy   (how much 4,000MR ?) 

Message 184 of 215
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

why is anyone doing this ? i mean that's like $400 cash back !!! eventhough it may be only a 1 time thing. Even just once a year reaching 20 or 30 transactions in one month still worth it i think if that is the case as long my cosmetic or any precedures are under 20 transactions if that's what you're telling me. Im just afriad if i blew a big transaction they may freeze the card lol like they've done on my Gold card because i used the blue cash making a paypal purchase which i find that they HATE you doing using american express with Paypal. So maybe i should wait until the 3x rule before blowing it on a huge transaction. Smiley Very Happy   (how much 4,000MR ?) 

Answered in one of your other threads, but to correct that here.   The 20% is 20% on the rewards, so a total of 1.2%  4800 MR is more like $40 than $400!  

Message 185 of 215
empiror22
Regular Contributor

your math is wrong.  it would be 4000  times 1 ($4000 times 1 pt per dollar) equals 4000 points then multiply by .2 (4000 points times 20%) equals 4800 points ( for cash back 4800 is about 48 dollars if they give you $1 for every 100pts like most other cards, you wrote it is $1 for every 10 pts which no card anywhere gives you this, if it did i would only use this card for everything) Plus any of the other random purchases

Message 186 of 215
Anonymous
Not applicable

i'd not use my card then month or two later contact them asking if they be willing to PC. They will see you havent been using it and will want you to 

Message 187 of 215
Anonymous
Not applicable

hmmm interesting !! only need GOOD credit for the Everyday Preferred but would need EXCELENT credit for the no annual fee Everyday Card, maybe because you'll be paying $95 a year they'll approve you for it Smiley Very Happy

https://www.creditcardinsider.com/insider/review-amex-everyday-credit-cards/

Message 188 of 215
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

hmmm interesting !! only need GOOD credit for the Everyday Preferred but would need EXCELENT credit for the no annual fee Everyday Card, maybe because you'll be paying $95 a year they'll approve you for it Smiley Very Happy

I wonder where they got that from.  At the time of that review, the card was brand new.   Generally I would expect the AF to be used to pay for the increased rewards, not to mitigate risk, but just maybe.

Message 189 of 215
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I wonder where they got that from.  At the time of that review, the card was brand new.   Generally I would expect the AF to be used to pay for the increased rewards, not to mitigate risk, but just maybe.

it could makes sense though for the blue card its just the opposite creditcardinsider has excelent credit needed for Blue Cash Preferred and good credit needed for regular blue cash. I do know with the charge cards because you would have to pay in full each month than carrying balances there are people who been approved for the charge cards and not resolving cards, hence the annual fees. Just like the low APR sign up cards usually go to the people with higher scores than cards with higher APR that usually have annual fees but that has changed dramatically over the years due to competition. i wouldnt even go for a card with an annual fee but 2 years ago that was all i could qualify or be approved for. Even my Bank America Cash Rewards has a $39 annual fee. but today that changed, see my other post here http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Apply-for-new-card-or-credit-limit-increase/m-p/3402947/highlight/true#M943422

i love how American Express gives you a lower limit under their maxium that you could earn. what a catch! thats how they make money and balance the sheet Smiley Very Happy

How You Earn Rewards

Earn 2X points at U.S. supermarkets, on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1X).

''I applied for the Everyday Preferred last night and was instantly approved with a $4,400 CL. My EQ FICO from myfico is 677.''

i replied saying... hope you did the Amex 3x rule and she replied back ...

''Yep! Got increased to $13,200 at 61 days no problem.''

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/AMEX-Everyday-or-Everyday-preferred/m-p/2968412/highlight/true#M841698

Message 190 of 215
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.