cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New American Express credit card (confirmed Amex EveryDay Card)

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: New American Express credit card?

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

A possibility is that the new card will earn MR points, but transferring those points will require cardmembership of one of the current MR-earning cards. Similar situation with the Freedom and CSP cards that Chase offers.

Right, you can earn full MR Points, but can't be transferred, unless you're enrolled in the Program either with (1) a fee, or (2) a card enrolled in the Program.  After this, I can't see any purpose for having the Blue.

Isn't that what MRE basically is?  They become MR if you have another MR card.

Yes, but I can't imagine AmEx will allow a no annual fee card where the MR points can be transferred to FFs.  Not that it couldn't happen, but I'd be surprised.  If this were to happen, I think it could be a game changer.

Message 81 of 215
HiLine
Blogger

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

A possibility is that the new card will earn MR points, but transferring those points will require cardmembership of one of the current MR-earning cards. Similar situation with the Freedom and CSP cards that Chase offers.

Right, you can earn full MR Points, but can't be transferred, unless you're enrolled in the Program either with (1) a fee, or (2) a card enrolled in the Program.  After this, I can't see any purpose for having the Blue.

We were trying to explain what the Amex person could mean by "full MR". They may just rename the MRE concept. So a card earning MRE points will be considered to earn "full MR" points, but the use of MR points will be limited unless you have a PRG or Platinum card.

Message 82 of 215
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

We were trying to explain what the Amex person could mean by "full MR". They may just rename the MRE concept. So a card earning MRE points will be considered to earn "full MR" points, but the use of MR points will be limited unless you have a PRG or Platinum card.

It's not clear who said "full MR", it might have been the blogger rather than Amex person.   But renaming MRE to "full MR" would be quite deceptive, as then there is nothing (currently!) you can point to as "less than full MR".  

But things are certainly unclear.  The only official site

ttps://www410.americanexpress.com/gabm/everydaycard

mentions MR, but says nothing about transferring them to partners. 

Message 83 of 215
Ron1
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

It's not clear who said "full MR", it might have been the blogger rather than Amex person.   But renaming MRE to "full MR" would be quite deceptive, as then there is nothing (currently!) you can point to as "less than full MR".  

But things are certainly unclear.  The only official site

ttps://www410.americanexpress.com/gabm/everydaycard

mentions MR, but says nothing about transferring them to partners. 

They haven't post the full terms of the card such as APR, foriegn transaction fee etc.

Ron.

Message 84 of 215
HiLine
Blogger

There you go!

Comparing this: https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card/premier-rewards-gold

to this: https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card/blue

One can easily see the distinction Amex gives to the PRG for the transferability of its MR points.

And then look back to the page for the new card: https://www410.americanexpress.com/gabm/everydaycard

One can already tell the MR points the new card earns is the same kind of MR points that the Blue earns.

Message 85 of 215
Jayb5635
Established Contributor

Re: New American Express credit card (confirmed Amex EveryDay Card)

I'm assuming it is still too early, but does anyone know whether or not one can PC from the BCE/BCP ???

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex Everyday Preferred $15,000, Amex Starwood $10,000, Chase Freedom Visa Signature $10,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15,000, Chase Ink Plus Visa Signature $5000 Barclaycard Arrival Plus MasterCard World Elite $10,000, Cap One Quicksilver MasterCard $6000, Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard $10,000, Citi Forward Visa $6900, Citi Premier World Elite MasterCard $5,800, Discover IT $8500
Message 86 of 215
HiLine
Blogger

Re: New American Express credit card (confirmed Amex EveryDay Card)

@Jayb5635 wrote:
I'm assuming it is still too early, but does anyone know whether or not one can PC from the BCE/BCP ???

It's an all-Amex card, as opposed to a co-branded card, so I assume yes.

Message 87 of 215
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

There you go!

Comparing this: https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card/premier-rewards-gold

to this: https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card/blue

One can easily see the distinction Amex gives to the PRG for the transferability of its MR points.

And then look back to the page for the new card: https://www410.americanexpress.com/gabm/everydaycard

One can already tell the MR points the new card earns is the same kind of MR points that the Blue earns.

I think that is a little bit too much of a jump!  The new site says nothing about MR, so by that logic I could infer that this card doesn't even have pay with points.

Now it may well be the case that these are MRE, because otherwise a big change has occurred, but I don't think we can know that yet.

Message 88 of 215
Open123
Super Contributor

The more I look the the structure of the Preferred, the more I think those who value MR Points will like this card.  

At 1.5% for non bonus spend, I find this a better value than any other card from other issuers when it comes to non-bonus spend.  With a cap of $6K, the Supermarket bonus is of limited use and just icing.  

Message 89 of 215
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

The more I look the the structure of the Preferred, the more I think those who value MR Points will like this card.  

At 1.5% for non bonus spend, I find this a better value than any other card from other issuers when it comes to non-bonus spend.  With a cap of $6K, the Supermarket bonus is of limited use and just icing.  

Yes, and as others have said, if you value MR above 1.33 cents, this beats Fidelity Amex.  And most valuations are above that.

Message 90 of 215
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.