Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Amex Benefit!

tag
jdeleon
Established Member

New Amex Benefit!

Not sure if this belongs here, but looks like Amex has joined up with ShopRunner.com to offer unlimited free 2-day shipping at participating e-tailers for card holders. Looks like most, if not all cards are eligible as well.

• Unlimited Free 2-Day Shipping*

• Free Shipping on Returns

• No Minimum Order Size

• ShopRunner Member Deals

Enjoy free 2-day shipping* from over
80+ online stores, including:
• Brooks Brothers
• Toys R Us
• Lord & Taylor
• Drugstore.com
• FTD
• Shoes.com
• Kenneth Cole
• Blue Nile

I have used Shoprunner twice before and it was fast, easy and hassel free.They do not have tons of merchants yet, but they have grown steadily, besides who hates free 2 day shipping and returns when they come across something they need/want.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MrPickleton
Established Member

Re: New Amex Benefit!

https://www.shoprunner.com/terms/amex/

It looks like if you have a consumer or small business credit or charge card issued by Amex you are eligible for the free membership.  If you have a corporate or Amex branded card, or other cards carrying the Amex logo, you aren't eligible.  It looks like a neat feature that I may use.

Amex BCE: 3000, Discover It 2500, Capital One QS1: 1750

Message 2 of 7
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

Two, maybe three Christmases ago, AMEX ran a promotion where you would win various "gifts" from making certain purchases with select merchants or something, I forget the details.  I got a few $2 bill credits and stuff, but I also got a free 1-year membership to Shop Runner from AMEX.  When that 1 year was up, I got an e-mail from Shop Runner saying that the membership was being automatically extended at no charge "compliments of American Express."

I guess now it's going to be permanently extended!

I get very little use out of this, except for Newegg and occasionally saving the $2 delivery fee at Domino's, as I do most of my online shopping at Amazon where I have a Prime membership (now THAT would be one heck of a perk and I would trade Shop Runner for Prime ANY day).  Still, it's great to have.  One more reason to love AMEX!

Message 3 of 7
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@steve23111 wrote:

Two, maybe three Christmases ago, AMEX ran a promotion where you would win various "gifts" from making certain purchases with select merchants or something, I forget the details.  I got a few $2 bill credits and stuff, but I also got a free 1-year membership to Shop Runner from AMEX.  When that 1 year was up, I got an e-mail from Shop Runner saying that the membership was being automatically extended at no charge "compliments of American Express."

I get very little use out of this, except for Newegg and occasionally saving the $2 delivery fee at Domino's, as I do most of my online shopping at Amazon where I have a Prime membership (now THAT would be one heck of a perk and I would trade Shop Runner for Prime ANY day).  Still, it's great to have.  One more reason to love AMEX!

Didn't they 1099 people with some bogus value for those shoprunner memberships and then reverse course. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

@steve23111 wrote:

Didn't they 1099 people with some bogus value for those shoprunner memberships and then reverse course. 

Not that I've ever heard of.  But you know how people are with their AMEX rumors...

Message 5 of 7
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

http://thepointsguy.com/2012/02/amex-issues-revised-1099s-for-unclaimed-gift-chain-prizes/

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

http://thepointsguy.com/2012/02/amex-issues-revised-1099s-for-unclaimed-gift-chain-prizes/

Fascinating.  Well, they never sent me anything!

From Googling around a little bit, it seems that those who got 1099'd were folks who brought in a crapload of winnings in the promotion -- specifically, multiple Shop Runner memberships from multiple AMEX cards.  I didn't fall into that category.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.