Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Amex card in mail today but.....

tag
Tszone
Regular Contributor

New Amex card in mail today but.....

My card came in the mail today but says member since 2015. When I made my online account the day I applied it said 2015, but a few days later when I logged back in it said 2010 ( I had a amex zync for 3 months in 2010).  I am wondering if it is going to report 2010 or 2015 on my credit report. Also my score was only 687 when approved on 12-29.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: New Amex card in mail today but.....

Call and have them correct your member since date on your card. They may have to wait 10 days for security reasons.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

They make you wait 10 or 11 days for security reasons then you can call and order a replacement card with the correct MSD date.  Same thing happened to me.

Message 3 of 12
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Same thing happened to me.  cold, is correct.  Wait 10 days, then call again.They will issue a new card with the adjusted MSD.  Seems their system is coded not to issue replacement cards on new accts.

It should report with your original date.

Message 4 of 12
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

Call and have them correct your member since date on your card. They may have to wait 10 days for security reasons.

Ididn't have to wait for them to send me new cards

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 5 of 12
sunkissed
Established Contributor

I applied for the SPG and Hilton Surpass at the same time.  One has a MSD of 2014 and the other has a MSD of 2005.  Both show on my reports with the 2005.  I never asked for a new card with the 2005 becuase I only care about how it reports.  I could not care less what MSD is printed on the front of the card.  The Amex website also shows both cards with a MSD of 2005.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 6 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@ojefferyo wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Ididn't have to wait for them to send me new cards

not sure why, but dunno is my answer.. new card is on way over night, will be here tomorrow

Message 7 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@sunkissed wrote:

I applied for the SPG and Hilton Surpass at the same time.  One has a MSD of 2014 and the other has a MSD of 2005.  Both show on my reports with the 2005.  I never asked for a new card with the 2005 becuase I only care about how it reports.  I could not care less what MSD is printed on the front of the card.  The Amex website also shows both cards with a MSD of 2005.

I agree... What is on the CRA is what is important..  Just my OCD in me

Message 8 of 12
Tszone
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone

Message 9 of 12
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

I agree... What is on the CRA is what is important..  Just my OCD in me

I understand.  And it's not big deal to have Amex fix it.  They'll happily send an updated card - often expedited.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.