cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Amex card removed my KD from my credit report from 2002!

tag
spankyspanky
Established Member

New Amex card removed my KD from my credit report from 2002!

Avid reader, 1st time poster.  I thought I would just tell a story that happened to me so it can help others.

Back when I was 18 I had a costco AMEX with a 2500 limit. Of course I didn't realize the importance of credit, long story short I paid it off (after they cancelled me in 2002) in 2004.  They marked it paid in full, but left a large ugly KD on my credit report.       I tried calling, GW letters, and nothing worked to remove it.     Now that I have my score into the 700's, (I was around 550 in 09 when I found this forum)  I decided I'd see if AMEX would give me a new card, and I applied for the Zync.  Well, surprisingly I was approved, and I received my card in march.     I was surprised to see that my "member since" was dated back to 1999 when I originally got my costco amex.     More importantly I just pulled my credit report, and my KD is gone, and this card is now showing as being paid on the same account, and it's now showing as an 11 year old account!  Boosted my score greatly.

Anyway, thanks for all the good advice!  Two years ago I had no credit cards and couldn't get a loan for a car.  Now I have $18,000 in available credit with 5% utilization, and I'm driving a new f150 Smiley Happy     I'm sure I'm not the only lurker around here!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: New Amex card removed my KD from my credit report from 2002!

Good job, spankyspanky!

Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Way to go!!!!Smiley Very Happy

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!!! My friend told the rep who just said if she didnt fax her Birth certificate, Valid ID, SSN card, and Signature from the bank in 48 hours they were going to cancel it!! She told them SHE WOULD LIKE TO CLOSE IT, AND THERE IS A RATHER LARGE CREDIT balance on it, and wants her money in 24 hours or shes gonna sue. haha she is hilarious!! But if they do that to her report, I dont doubt she will be the straw that broke them! But glad to hear who got what you  wanted!!!! What card did you end up getting?? Please dont say discover i WANT One everyone says so many good things about the CSR, my friend difff one, said she wrote a letter to the BBB and FTC to say how wonderful they were. I WANT ONE NOW! lol, but congrats! Smiley Happy

Val

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.