Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New App While in Recon ?

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

New App While in Recon ?

Currently have a recon in progress with Amex and really want to app for a Chase slate.  Do you know which companies these two companies pull from?  I just don't want  to have an  underwriter see a new INQ during the recon...

Reconning: Blue Cash

Want to app for : Chase Slate

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

Re: New App While in Recon ?

Then why don't you just wait?

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
smc733
Valued Contributor

@drsmith wrote:

Then why don't you just wait?

+1, the recon shouldn't be more than 5-7 days, so I don't see why OP would risk it.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 3 of 6
n777ua
Established Contributor

Yeah I guess I'll just wait, this was probably a stupid thread to begin with.  Thanks guys Smiley Happy

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The three times I've applied, Amex has always pulled EX for me. Chase.. I don't remember, but it hasn't been EX either of the times.

But it could very well depend on the product(s) and the state you live in.

Like as others have said, you probably should just wait for the answer to the recon before applying anywhere else. If you already had to request a recon, you're (probably) on thin ice with them already.

Message 5 of 6
smc733
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The three times I've applied, Amex has always pulled EX for me. Chase.. I don't remember, but it hasn't been EX either of the times.

But it could very well depend on the product(s) and the state you live in.

Like as others have said, you probably should just wait for the answer to the recon before applying anywhere else. If you already had to request a recon, you're (probably) on thin ice with them already.

+1000

Chase pulled TU twice for me, and EX the third time, so YMMV with them.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.