Established Contributor
n777ua

New App While in Recon ?

Currently have a recon in progress with Amex and really want to app for a Chase slate.  Do you know which companies these two companies pull from?  I just don't want  to have an  underwriter see a new INQ during the recon...

Reconning: Blue Cash

Want to app for : Chase Slate

Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE $19.7k, Amex HH Surpass $11.3k, Amex Simply Cash Business $3k, Chase Ink Bold $15k (flex)Chase Sapphire Preffered $26k, Citi Diamond $13.3k, Citi TY Preferred $10.5k, Virgin Atlantic Amex $8k, Discover Motiva $10k, Boa World Elite $10k, US Bank Visa $4.1k, GE Amazon $4k, GE Lowes $6k, BillMeLater $5.3k, Target $.2k, CapOne $2k Von Maur NPSL,
Frequent Contributor
drsmith

Re: New App While in Recon ?

Then why don't you just wait?

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 773 4/11/14
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
smc733

drsmith wrote:

Then why don't you just wait?

+1, the recon shouldn't be more than 5-7 days, so I don't see why OP would risk it.

Established Contributor
n777ua

Yeah I guess I'll just wait, this was probably a stupid thread to begin with.  Thanks guys :smileyhappy:

Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE $19.7k, Amex HH Surpass $11.3k, Amex Simply Cash Business $3k, Chase Ink Bold $15k (flex)Chase Sapphire Preffered $26k, Citi Diamond $13.3k, Citi TY Preferred $10.5k, Virgin Atlantic Amex $8k, Discover Motiva $10k, Boa World Elite $10k, US Bank Visa $4.1k, GE Amazon $4k, GE Lowes $6k, BillMeLater $5.3k, Target $.2k, CapOne $2k Von Maur NPSL,
Established Contributor
AndyK

The three times I've applied, Amex has always pulled EX for me. Chase.. I don't remember, but it hasn't been EX either of the times.

But it could very well depend on the product(s) and the state you live in.

Like as others have said, you probably should just wait for the answer to the recon before applying anywhere else. If you already had to request a recon, you're (probably) on thin ice with them already.

EQ 679 FICO (02/24/2012)
TU 721 FICO (03/10/2012)
EX 703 FICO (05/05/2012)

Cards: NFCU cashRewards $14k, NFCU Platinum $14k, USAA Amex $7k, Amazon Visa $3k, Chase Freedom $2.5k, Amex Zync NPSL, Discover More $1k, Amazon Store $1.3k, Walmart Store $700
Valued Contributor
smc733

AndyK wrote:

The three times I've applied, Amex has always pulled EX for me. Chase.. I don't remember, but it hasn't been EX either of the times.

But it could very well depend on the product(s) and the state you live in.

Like as others have said, you probably should just wait for the answer to the recon before applying anywhere else. If you already had to request a recon, you're (probably) on thin ice with them already.

+1000

Chase pulled TU twice for me, and EX the third time, so YMMV with them.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}