Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BOA Credit Card Advice

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: New BOA Credit Card Advice

wow, that's great that you ultimately got approved!  congrats!

(i've never tried recon, i don't really get how it works because if they have the same info as when they denied, what is it on recon that makes them change their mind?)

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!!

score-building: When you call for recon, you have the ability to discuss any baddies or other issues on your report and WHY you have them there. Usually if there is a good explanation, they will go ahead and recommend you for the card. Chase seems to be the best in this respect.

Message 22 of 28
score_building
Senior Contributor

thanks steph37!  i honestly thought that a ccc would balk at such explanations and never really understood all of the posts on recon.  i am kind of thick headed sometimes, thanks to you, now i think i get it. 

it didn't seem possible to me that a real opportunity existed via recon at these huge impersonal ccc's.  i assumed the people who got in by recon had glaring mistakes on their cr's, etc. that misreped their initial app.,  not that you could 'explain' baddies...well, another great forum tid bit that i probably would have never come across otherwise Smiley Happy 

@Anonymous wrote:

score-building: When you call for recon, you have the ability to discuss any baddies or other issues on your report and WHY you have them there. Usually if there is a good explanation, they will go ahead and recommend you for the card. Chase seems to be the best in this respect.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 23 of 28
RAISEUP
Regular Contributor

congratulations!

All is it safe to say that Chase is BK friendly? i have ficos of 650+ across the board and really trying to get a prime with a respectable CL. right now im holding on to my hooters (no pun intended Smiley Happy) and capital one both at $600 limits. any suggestions are welcomed>>>>

~~~
Transunion 652 | 3/27/09-677 | 5/20-09 -683
Equifax 4/21/08 -609 | 5/4/08-632 | 12/26-08- 651 | 5/5/09 - 652
Experian 4/16/08- 613 | 11/08 - 646 | 3/27/09-673
~~~
Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RAISEUP wrote:

congratulations!

All is it safe to say that Chase is BK friendly? i have ficos of 650+ across the board and really trying to get a prime with a respectable CL. right now im holding on to my hooters (no pun intended Smiley Happy) and capital one both at $600 limits. any suggestions are welcomed>>>>

I have read of many people on this forum getting in with Chase who have BK's. If you have kept your accounts in good standing since, and you can explain why BK had to be filed, then I would go for it, even if you have to recon.
Message 25 of 28
RAISEUP
Regular Contributor

Thanks stef37 do you have a specific link for Chase?

~~~
Transunion 652 | 3/27/09-677 | 5/20-09 -683
Equifax 4/21/08 -609 | 5/4/08-632 | 12/26-08- 651 | 5/5/09 - 652
Experian 4/16/08- 613 | 11/08 - 646 | 3/27/09-673
~~~
Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome.

I would imagine you can find the links and descriptions of the different cards Chase offer's at chase.com

Here's a link for the card over view.

https://www.chase.com/PFSCreditCardHome.html

Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.  I know what you mean. I never would have thought it would work either but it did.  She asked me about a couple of accounts (1 resolved and 1 that I honestly didnt know what it was).  Then she asked me about my student loans (am I in school, when will i finish, what masters am i pursuing) and that was it.
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.