Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Re: New Bank of America Premium Rewards Card

IMG_1647.PNG

Message 51 of 109
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Why is all the press comparing this to the top tier cards (CSR/Plat/Prestige)!?  It's clearly not positioned in that segment.

Message 52 of 109
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrDisco99 wrote:

Why is all the press comparing this to the top tier cards (CSR/Plat/Prestige)!?  It's clearly not positioned in that segment.

Probably Bank of America marketing is pushing it.  I really have no interest in CSR, Plat, Prestige but I like cards like this one and CSP and PRG and Premier.  And Arrival + and Venture.   Lounge access is something I couldn't care less about.   But maybe Bank of America isn't trying to get cheap bastards like me who just wants to travel on someone elses dime. 

Message 53 of 109
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

Probably Bank of America marketing is pushing it.  I really have no interest in CSR, Plat, Prestige but I like cards like this one and CSP and PRG and Premier.  And Arrival + and Venture.   Lounge access is something I couldn't care less about.   But maybe Bank of America isn't trying to get cheap bastards like me who just wants to travel on someone elses dime. 

That's exactly why.  Pure marketing.  I'm sure the graph shown above is from them, not some independent site.

Message 54 of 109
happypill
Valued Contributor

@BronzeTrader wrote:

1. Bank of America Premium Rewards

Annual fee: $95

Sign-up bonus: 50,000 points

Spending required for sign-up bonus:$3,000

Points per dollar spent (tiered system based on how much cash you have deposited or invested with the bank):

• 2 for travel/dining, 1.5 for all other purchase (Less than $20,000 deposited)

• 2.5 for travel/dining and 1.875 on all other purchases ($20,000 to 49,999 deposited)

• 3 for travel/dining and 2.25 on all other purchases ($50,000 to 99,999 deposited)

• 3 for travel/dining and 2.25 on all other purchases (More than $100,000 deposited)

Other perks:

• $100 travel credit for airline travel expenses (like baggage fees; doesn't include airfare)

• $100 application credit for Global Entry/TSA PreCheck

If this is true, then a lot folks would want to ditch the Travel Rewards for this card.  No brainer.... It still can't compete with CSR and AmEx Platinium...... Different class.

I actually think there's a typo in the quoted text there.  At the $100k Platinum Honors level, it should be 3.5x for travel/dining and 2.625x for all other purchases.  That would be the best return I've seen for travel/dining on a cash back type card (better even than the 3.3% I get on the SSFCU Power Travel Rewards which is my favorite).  You've described my exact strategy - I plan to app for this card (to get the sign-on bonus), then convert my Travel Rewards to a Cash Rewards if I can to get the 5.25% on gas and 3.5% on groceries & wholesale clubs.

I agree that it is in a different class from the CSR, Amex Platinum and Citi Prestige, but no reason not to get this in addition to any of those because it is free money and easy to offset the AF.

Message 55 of 109
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

I seriously think BA should have made the Merrill + VS card to be a premium CC.  Or to elevate it to a level like the old Accolatdes. I do not mind paying $300 AF if BA has a CC close to CSR, with 3% on travel & dining and some perks....

Message 56 of 109
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Update on Bank of America Premium Rewards Card

The card will be available last September.  They are still finalizing the offer terms.  The link below is the Google search link, but it is not valid as of now.

Premium Rewards® Credit Card from Bank of America

Earn unlimited points and get flexible redemption options with the Premium Rewards® credit card from Bank of America.

Message 57 of 109
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Update on Bank of America Premium Rewards Card

Dang, if this card came out last September, it is the quietest flavor of the month ive ever tastedSmiley Wink
Message 58 of 109
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Dang, if this card came out last September, it is the quietest flavor of the month ive ever tastedSmiley Wink

Your seedlings get 29 more days to grow..... Enjoy.

Message 59 of 109
Anonymous
Not applicable

The cached version of the website lists this info:

• $95 annual fee
  • 50k point bonus after $3k in purchases within 90 days
  • Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and 1.5 points for every $1 spent on all other purchases
  • Get up to a $100 Airline Incidental Statement Credit annually for qualifying purchases such as seat upgrades, baggage fees, in-flight services, and airline lounge fees - automatically applied to your card statement
  • Get up to $100 Airport Security Statement Credit towards TSA Pre✓ ® or Global Entry Application fee, every four years
  • No foreign transaction fees
  • If you're a Bank of America® Preferred Rewards client, you can enjoy 25% - 75% rewards bonus on every purchase. That means you could earn up to 3.5 points per $1 on travel and dining purchases and up to 2.62 points per $1 on all other purchases
  • 16.99%-23.99% APR
  • Balance transfee fee of 3% of each transaction

Looks like it's a Visa Signature card. Doesn't state if it's made of metal or anything, probably just a regular plastic (if that matters to anyone).

Message 60 of 109
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.