Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Bank of America Premium Rewards Card

tag
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Re: Update on Bank of America Premium Rewards Card

Nothing special unless you are a preferred rewards client, but a good card to churn! Lol

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 61 of 109
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good card for the sign up bonus but unless you have a lot of money with BoA, not that great of a card afterwards.  Certainly not a 'premium' travel card.  Still nice to see BoA come out with something better than their existing card.

Message 62 of 109
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the fee isn't waived the first year I might put this off for a while.  

Message 63 of 109
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The cached version of the website lists this info:

• $95 annual fee
  • 50k point bonus after $3k in purchases within 90 days
  • Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and 1.5 points for every $1 spent on all other purchases
  • Get up to a $100 Airline Incidental Statement Credit annually for qualifying purchases such as seat upgrades, baggage fees, in-flight services, and airline lounge fees - automatically applied to your card statement
  • Get up to $100 Airport Security Statement Credit towards TSA Pre✓ ® or Global Entry Application fee, every four years
  • No foreign transaction fees
  • If you're a Bank of America® Preferred Rewards client, you can enjoy 25% - 75% rewards bonus on every purchase. That means you could earn up to 3.5 points per $1 on travel and dining purchases and up to 2.62 points per $1 on all other purchases
  • 16.99%-23.99% APR
  • Balance transfee fee of 3% of each transaction

Looks like it's a Visa Signature card. Doesn't state if it's made of metal or anything, probably just a regular plastic (if that matters to anyone).

$95 annual fee, but you get $100 back each year in travel incidentals? Plus $100 for TSA Pre every four years? Seems like a good card for the bonus and then you might as well keep it for the travel incidentals and TSA Pre if you don't have any other travel cards like myself. 

Message 64 of 109
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, no mention of the first year being waived at all. Even though the page itself is a cached version, all the card details seem pretty final to me. Not really a bad card if you're a BofA PR client.

Here's what the card looks like:

Message 65 of 109
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

From talking to its customer service, this card is essentially a re-packaged Travel Reward card.  BA just builds around with it.  I'll probably want to keep it for another TSA for family member.  Free is always good. 

Message 66 of 109
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

My questions would be:

1. Is the fee charged or waived the first year?

2. How does redemption work? Minimum? Can we pool purchases?

Message 67 of 109
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, no mention of the first year being waived at all. Even though the page itself is a cached version, all the card details seem pretty final to me. Not really a bad card if you're a BofA PR client.

Here's what the card looks like:

The look is pretty nice. I wish they made it black, though! That would be even cooler. This is definitely next up for me as a Platinum Honors client.

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 68 of 109
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The cached version of the website lists this info:

• $95 annual fee - Most likely will NOT be waived the first year.  Most likely not metal since the AF is so low.
  • 50k point bonus after $3k in purchases within 90 days
  • Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and 1.5 points for every $1 spent on all other purchases - Would be nice if 2x on everything like Venture Smiley Mad
  • Get up to a $100 Airline Incidental Statement Credit annually for qualifying purchases such as seat upgrades, baggage fees, in-flight services, and airline lounge fees - automatically applied to your card statement. This is great! considering only $95 AF.  Same as AMEX PRG ($100)
  • Get up to $100 Airport Security Statement Credit towards TSA Pre✓ ® or Global Entry Application fee, every four years This is great! considering only $95 AF
  • No foreign transaction fees
  • If you're a Bank of America® Preferred Rewards client, you can enjoy 25% - 75% rewards bonus on every purchase. That means you could earn up to 3.5 points per $1 on travel and dining purchases and up to 2.62 points per $1 on all other purchases
  • 16.99%-23.99% APR
  • Balance transfee fee of 3% of each transaction

Looks like it's a Visa Signature card. Doesn't state if it's made of metal or anything, probably just a regular plastic (if that matters to anyone).

Thanks for posting this.  I would love to find out what the redemption is for the points? is there a limit (like Arrival +), what's the limit? etc.  Overall, I think this card will get a handfull of applications.

Message 69 of 109
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrDisco99 wrote:

My questions would be:

1. Is the fee charged or waived the first year?

2. How does redemption work? Minimum? Can we pool purchases?

Seems you can redeem for cash for 1 cent a point.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/screenshots-with-details-of-upcoming-bank-of-america-card-good-news-o...

Message 70 of 109
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.