Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Barclay Rewards - how long to PC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Barclay Rewards - how long to PC?

I did a cold app for the Barclay Rewards MC a couple days ago and was approved for 5k.

I received a pre-qual letter from them a few weeks ago with a code and it said 24.9 APR.  It looked just like a letter on plain paper and I didnt even notice it, but opened it a few days ago, with an expiration date of 12/5.  I went to the website and entered the code and it did show 24.9 and I didnt complete it.

I went to the regular Barclay prequal site and went thru it, and it showed a 17.9 apr.  I completed it and got the 5k approval, and happy about it.

I was reviewing the rewards and noticed I have a lot of overlap with my other rewards cards and I wont be able to take advantage of all of them.  I was definetely influenced by the prequal on the rewards CC so thats why I apped for the same thing, just single focused.

I am wondering if they would allow me to PC to the Barclay Ring instead, or would they say no chance?  

If I cant do a PC immediately, how long do you think I would have to wait to ask for it?

Thanks

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
TrialByFire
Established Contributor

Re: New Barclay Rewards - how long to PC?

I was told by Barclay CSR they wouldn't pc rewards mc to the ring. That was after having the rewards card for 18mo. One option is to app for the ring, if approved you could roll the RMC limit to the ring. Same applies if denied. You might have better luck than me with the immediate pc without having to separately app for ring. I'd call them up and just ask point blank
Message 2 of 11
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I did a cold app for the Barclay Rewards MC a couple days ago and was approved for 5k.

I received a pre-qual letter from them a few weeks ago with a code and it said 24.9 APR.  It looked just like a letter on plain paper and I didnt even notice it, but opened it a few days ago, with an expiration date of 12/5.  I went to the website and entered the code and it did show 24.9 and I didnt complete it.

I went to the regular Barclay prequal site and went thru it, and it showed a 17.9 apr.  I completed it and got the 5k approval, and happy about it.

I was reviewing the rewards and noticed I have a lot of overlap with my other rewards cards and I wont be able to take advantage of all of them.  I was definetely influenced by the prequal on the rewards CC so thats why I apped for the same thing, just single focused.

I am wondering if they would allow me to PC to the Barclay Ring instead, or would they say no chance?  

If I cant do a PC immediately, how long do you think I would have to wait to ask for it?

Thanks

Right now they only have an offer to PC to Arrival which I took advantage off. but you have to wait until the card comes.

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new card!

Message 4 of 11
willwar14
Valued Contributor

I have never seen a report of a PC from any other barclay card to a ring, it can't be pced to, because of the interest rate.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 5 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@TrialByFire wrote:
I was told by Barclay CSR they wouldn't pc rewards mc to the ring. That was after having the rewards card for 18mo. One option is to app for the ring, if approved you could roll the RMC limit to the ring. Same applies if denied. You might have better luck than me with the immediate pc without having to separately app for ring. I'd call them up and just ask point blank

You're absolutely right. That's exactly the way to do it.

I got turned down for the Ring, called recon and asked to move credit limit from another card, and they said ok.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 6 of 11
bk510
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks

I can not seem to find a link to their pre-qual on their site.....where is it?

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 7 of 11
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@bk510 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks

I can not seem to find a link to their pre-qual on their site.....where is it?

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/ProactivePrescreenLanding.action

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations and good luck with your plans!

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@TrialByFire wrote:
I was told by Barclay CSR they wouldn't pc rewards mc to the ring. That was after having the rewards card for 18mo. One option is to app for the ring, if approved you could roll the RMC limit to the ring. Same applies if denied. You might have better luck than me with the immediatepc without having to separately app for ring. I'd call them up and just ask point blank

You're absolutely right. That's exactly the way to do it.

I got turned down for the Ring, called recon and asked to move credit limit from another card, and they said ok.

That's what I will do in about 13 months.  I have a phobia about closing out a CC in less than a year, unless its a really bad situation.  I just think its bad form, and I need to garden anyway.

I am going to app for the Barclay Ring and then move the CL from the Rewards CC to the new Ring.

Good suggestions and info, thanks!

BTW, the INQ shows on 12/2 and it has already shown up on my EQ report on 12/5.   Dont have the CC yet, but I have the report.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.