cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Barclays account , need some advice.

tag
Ruggs
Established Member

New Barclays account , need some advice.

I was recently instantly approved for the LL Bean visa from Barclays. The website said my CL was 2,000. So a few days later I checked the status of the app and the online message said I was approved for the card on 2/26/14 and my CL is 4,500. So I got my card today , on the paper that the card comes on it says CL 2,000. I set up my online account and the site says CL 4,500! I'm confused but don't really want to call them and stir the pot....any advice??? Thanks!

Current cards: Walmart 900 , JCP 100 , Firestone 1K , Chase Slate 1K Discover IT 1K LL Bean Visa 4.5K CU card 3K Chase Freedom 1K
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: New Barclays account , need some advice.

I would assume what is online is correct since that is telling you what's available to spend as of now, right?

Message 2 of 9
Ruggs
Established Member

Yes Credit , online it says CL 4500 and available credit is also 4500.

Current cards: Walmart 900 , JCP 100 , Firestone 1K , Chase Slate 1K Discover IT 1K LL Bean Visa 4.5K CU card 3K Chase Freedom 1K
Message 3 of 9
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Ruggs wrote:

Yes Credit , online it says CL 4500 and available credit is also 4500.

Well then, $4500 it is!

Congrats!

PS...And I sure wouldn't call them about the discrepancy..LOL!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 4 of 9
Vegas247
Established Contributor

Yes, it's is $4,500.00......Congrats

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 5 of 9
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval and nice starting CL!

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 6 of 9
mxp114
Valued Contributor

They sometimes reduce the CL until activation, this is probably what happened. Congrats and enjoy your new card.

Message 7 of 9
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Oh and forgot to add, I've had a Barclays rewards for about 1.5 years and just apped for the Sallie Mae and was approved.  

My CL is $5K but the approval said $650, yep $650 dollars...LOL!

So of course I knew that couldn't be right.

When I logged into my account a few minutes later, they had already added the Sallie Mae and there it sat for $5K.  

So I *pretended* I was calling in about my rewards card (LOL) and I just briefly mentioned the Sallie Mae and the rep said, Oh I see you were approved today for $5K so you should get good use from that too.

Haha!! Because I sure as heck wasn't going to ask about the $650!  

I just think that there is a quirk in the system so I wouldn't worry about it.  

Your CL is whatever it says online.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 8 of 9
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

+1 leave that one alone...lol  Besides, they probably realized after the initial that you were a myFico guru and decided they should give you a larger line Smiley Very Happy

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.