Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New-Bee Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New-Bee Question

Found forum AFTER i shot myself in the foot! Great place, ill be here a long time, and hope to make bunches of friends. Rebuilding credit,have the fake discover card, with$300.00 cl. Thought it was low& called cs. Said use it, cli is automatic. O.k. ill give him a chance. What limits have you guys reached, that have this card with such low start limit? Also, cs offered me a true credit report service. Is this the fico company, or that fako stuff i been reading some about? I have MANY more questions, and desire all the great expert, tried and true advice i see here daily. Just when i found a site where i enjoy reading, and browsing, and getting a PROPER education, my cpu will probably smoke! Just my luck, managed or not. Sorry for long one, 2nd time and im nervous. Oh! also, the cs rep. said he would permanently remove any a/f on my card, not just one time, for one year. Well we shall see.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New-Bee Question

Flatbroke,

Welcome to the site! I myself have learned a lot here in a short time. I don't have experience with your card but at most places, every 6-9 months is an acceptable period of time to ask for a CLI. It is important to know if they will do a hard or only a soft inquiry.

The service they were likely offering you was probably for credit monitoring - but it is not a provider of FICO scores. The main purpose, I think, however, is for you to be able to make sure your credit reports are accurate - not to check your score monthly. (If I am thinking of the correct service)

So they waived your annual fee permanantly or just for the first year?

Once again welcome and I hope you find as many answers as I have. We all seem to learn together on here.
Message 2 of 7
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Welcome, Flatbroke. Hope you're not a jinx!! Smiley Happy

TrueCredit scores are FAKOs. Is that the only CC you have at the moment? If so, that is probably why they started you with a low CL.

Seek medical attention for that foot. Smiley Tongue
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey! debtisgood & uniqua. Yes, the cs rep. said he waived a/f permanatly. I have many other new cards, with varying cls. So, true credit is a monoriting service, no scores? Should i start with both, or just reports. Before i found this site, i was going at everything creditwise really wrong and backwards. I think i have violated every basic advise given here, 1. Loaded-up on low limit subprime cards, i dont need.2. Carrying high balances on cards. 3, getting tons of inquries on cra.4. Not understanding, age, use, non use(sock drawer) of cards. Well, you see. I applied for and got 6 new cards. Walmarts 700.00, lowes 500.00, chevron 400.00, cap1 300.00, macys 600.00, hsbc 300,00. I already had a target visa 1000, hooters 500.00, I am going to close 1st premier & total visa. Cause of the fees. I just got the cap1 card 300,00 never used it, should i close it cause of the fee? I am going to try and shorten my responses from now on, you guys are good at that!!
Message 4 of 7
Uniqua
Established Contributor

You get unlimited access to both your CRs and scores with TrueCredit. However, those scores are not FICO scores. You probably got a low CL because of all of the other CCs, especially if you obtained them in a short period of time. If you are carrying high balances I am sure that played a factor in your low CL as well. And, too many inquiries look bad to some creditors.

I'm trying to rebuild myself and I just took 2 hard inquiries on my TU CR yesterday and today. I haven't had any in about 8 years. Hope I don't take a beating for this. Not to mention I had an EQ hit (2 in less than a month) a short while ago. If I get declined for the two new cards I app'd for, I AM DONE!

And by all means, talk as much as you want. Ask as many questions as you'd like. Knowledge is power! Smiley Happy

Again, welcome!
Message 5 of 7
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Flatbroke and welcome to the forums!

I have the Direct Rewards Discover Plat issued (now) by HSBC.  Is this the card you're referring to?  I started at 1k and approximately 20 months later received an auto-CLI to 1.5k.  This only happened after I started in PIF every month.  Hope this helps!

Peas

ETA:  Crossed out info -- found the answer in another post.

Message Edited by WhirledPeasPlease on 05-27-2008 08:37 PM
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Peas, & uniqua, I think i understand. Too many current cards, so utilize tl. & wait for father time. I would accept a 1500cl in time.How often should i pull my fico scores, and look at tru credit reports? Looks like i am 24 months out from my goals, at least. I cant refi my mortgauge for another 1.5 yrs. without big penalty. So, this will be time well spent. Around dec. 08, i have many baddies and extra inq. gonna fall off, should also help. God, i hope i live to be a hundred. Looks like ill need it. What would be a general fico score a lender would want, to qualify for a motorcycle loan? I am wanting one, but WAY in the future,at least 2 years.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.